Chapter Twenty-Four : The White Room

THE RIGHT ARM CAMP

DAY 2,678 AFTER SOLAR FLARES

07:15 HOURS

Buck

"Get your lazy asses off the floor!" I screamed at the group of training soldiers that had collapsed on the floor, probably from heat exhaustion. "You're mother may have been fine with calling you a failure, but I won't tolerate it!"

"It's too hot out!" One of the female trainees called out to me and I slowly turned my head to look at her.

There was never a day where I wouldn't revel at the sight of people cowering in fear of me. She was right, the Scorch was unkind today with the sun baring down on us like a blazing explosion, but I found it perfect. I wanted some of these people to die. I wanted them to understand the world we live in. Some of them have no idea how unkind the world is. Some of them haven't left this fucking camp.

That's why I am here.

"We need water and a break!" A male trainee called back in response, quickly feeling my glare shoot straight through his head.

"A break?" I asked him, shutting everyone up as everyone breathed heavily. "You need a break? I'm sure your baby boy and precious wife needed a break when WICKED soldiers pumped them full of lead." I mentioned, and immediately I saw the shock enter his eyes.

"How... How did you-"

"Don't for one second, any of you, think that there is a detail about your life that I don't know!" I shouted to the entire group before looking into the eyes of the trainee that I just talked to. "Are you crying soldier?"

"No sir."

"SAY THAT AGAIN YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT!"

"NO SIR!"

SLAP

The man's head was thrown to the side by the palm of my hand and everyone gasped in shock as they watched. I raised my head and looked at each of their pathetic faces individually, disappointed by them.

"You need a break, I'll give you one six feet under!" I shouted at them. "You need water? Drink your own fucking tears! Now fucking move!"

And they did.

And Vince was not happy.

SUBJECT FARMING FACILITY

DAY 1 BACK IN THE SCORCH

20:05 HOURS

Buck

Well fuck this shit

By the time I had awoken, I was alone and separated from the others in a white cell with a glass cage surrounding me. You'd think that Janson would keep me sedated, but he didn't which meant I should be expecting some kind of talk later. I was wearing the same clothes I had worn when we were still in the Maze, dried Greiver blood and slime sticking to my skin. There was no bed, no bathroom, no anything because of how fearful they were of my ability to escape with anything I could find.

I faced the door of the room outside of my cell, a singular guard standing there watching me. Janson was getting to be too cocky for my taste, but I wasn't going to let him get away with that for too long. The woman on guard was pale as she stared at me just standing there with a dead pan look on my face, sizing her up. I bet she thought I was going to eat her or something. The rumors surrounding me were endless and eccentric from being a child murderer to a child eater who ripped out the organs of men in front of their families.