long nights

"Wait, wait, wait. So you're saying that you are- no it can't be,"

"Well it's true. I'm your son from the future,"

Hearing that sentence made the two dumbfounded. They just kissed and now they find out that they have a kid in the future?

"I need to sit down," Harper said, as she approached of the cots to take a seat.

Griffin leaned back against a wall, raking his fingers through his hair.

"So Nick, what brings you here? You know to the past"

"Well-"

As Nick was talking to Griffin, Harper zoned out. She couldn't stop thinking about what was happening still. She and Griffin have a son? Well at least it means they're doing better than okay. 

Just then, her phone buzzed. She opened it to see that her mom texted her.

Mom❤

'Going back to the hospital. The Campbells will be staying at our place for the night. Take care'

She put her phone back in the pocket of her jeans. She continued staring into space until...

"Harper,"

A voice was calling her. She snapped out of it to see Griffin and Nick looking at her.

"Huh?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Listen, I'm gonna go first," She said.

She stood from the cot and headed towards the door.

"Yeah you go ahead, I'll be there soon," He told her.

She smiled before she left, leaving Griffin and Nick alone. She reached the basement then climbed the stairs. When she walked down the hallways, everything seemed quiet. She walked out on the porch to see all the bikes were gone. When I mean all, I mean every bike except Griffin's.

"That's weird,"

She looked around but didn't see any sign of her bike. Just then, two hands grasp her shoulders. She jumped and turned around to see it was just her best friend.

"Griffin!" She scolded him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," He apologised, trying to hide his smile.

"It's fine. I can't find the bikes except yours,"

"Wait we're staying at your house?"

"Yup! My bike has to be somewhere"

The two looked around while figuring out what to do next.

"What if we just walked there?" He suggested.

"To my house? You sure you want to? It's pretty far from here,"

"I don't mind. At least, I'll be with you,"

He immediately regretted what he said. Harper, on the other hand, couldn't help but blush a little.

"I mean you know, cause we'll be walking together to your house. Not together together but-"

"Griffin. I got what you meant the first time," Harper assured, letting a little laugh.

They both laughed before they started walking into the night scenery. They walked through the quiet woods. Tall trees overlooked them, their shadows stretching. The walk was quiet, neither one of them making a sound.

Harper decided to break the silence.

"So...what did Nick tell you back there? You know, what he came to 2020,"