back from 2024 pt. 2

Harper was lying in her bed. She couldn't sleep. She was still thinking about her moment with Griffin earlier. She knew this wasn't the first time.

Three weeks ago, they almost kissed on the porch. Now, today in his room, they had a similar moment. More heated. Just then, her phone started buzzing.

Who was calling her at 11:30pm? She got up and saw Griffin's name.

"Hey"

"Hey, what's up?" She asked.

"I uh...want to talk about what happened earlier"

"Oh, you mean our...moment"

"Yeah"

They both became awkward for a few seconds, neither of them knowing who should start. That's when Griffin cleared his throat.

"Look I wanted to talk to you on the phone but I figured it would be better talking to you in person"

"Wait...what do you mean?"

"Turn around"

She did what he asked her to do, and there he was. He was crouched, right outside her bedroom window. He was still wearing the same clothes he wore earlier. Harper got distracted by his sandy blonde hair, all over the place. She couldn't help but stare at his arms. It looked like he had muscles.

"Can you um let me in?" He asked, through the phone.

"Oh right yeah" She said.

She hung up the phone and went over to the window. He climbed through once she opened it.

"H-How?" She asked, letting out an awkward laugh.

"Well, I climbed but it wasn't easy since it was still drizzling a little"

That's when she realized that his hair looked wet. Gosh, she loved it when his hair looked like that. Messy and wet.

"And if you're going to ask how I got here, I walked. In the rain with no umbrella but I managed" He smirked.

"Wait, wait, wait. You walked all the way from the Tremont to my house, when it's still pouring. Then you climbed through my window?"

"Technically it was just a slight drizzle."

"I'm sure if it was slight, you're hair wouldn't like you showered before coming here"

"Okay, would a thank you be nice? I did a pretty big gesture"

She just giggled, quietly remembering her brother and mom were asleep.

"Do you're parents know you're here?"

"Of course, not. I snuck out" He said, beaming proudly.

"Wow, I think I'm starting to rub on you but I've never been prouder"

"Anyway...we need to talk about...earlier" Griffin brought up.

"Oh right"

The two stood there awkwardly. Neither of them knew what to say at first. Harper thought she would be the first to break the ice. Griffin had the same thing in mind.

"So-"
"We-"

They laughed.

"Floors yours, milady" He gestured.

He got comfortable on her bed, while she stood with her hands placed on her hips.

"What are we, Griffin? We almost kissed. Twice. I mean I'm pretty sure you don't need to think hard that friends don't do that. So what are we? Friends or...more?"

She went over to the door, locking to make sure no one else will come in.

Griffin got up from her bed, walking to her slowly.

"Well, I don't know but what I do know is that...I really like you Harper. Like a lot. If you don't feel the same way, you'll still be my best friend. It won't make me change my feelings towards you. Nothing will"

She turned around to face him, her back towards the door. His face was millimeters away from hers. Good thing, he couldn't tell she was blushing.

"I feel the same way, Griff. Since that day I kicked your locker open, I-I've liked you ever since"

They shared a warm smile.

"Soooo, we both like each other"

"Yeah" She chuckled.

Griffin took a few steps forward, which made Harper lean against the door for support. He hesitated, before using his hand to cup her cheek.

"W-What are you doing?"

"What I wanted to do when I first met you. Besides, second shot is always worth" He said, joking at the last part.

They both chuckled, before he leaned forward. Just then, Harper felt the soft touch of his lips pressed against hers. He cupped her other cheek, pulling her closer to intensify the kiss. Harper wrapped her arms around his neck, raking her fingers through his wet, messy, sandy-blonde hair.

"Woah" was they could say after they pulled away.

They laughed, as they headed towards the window.

"Well that made my trip here, worth it" He smirked.

"Oh?"

"Yeah I mean imagine if I came all this way in the rain without kissing you but I'm glad I did. I figured you'd give in to all this" He said, gesturing to himself.

"Shut up"

"Make me" He smirked, playfully.

Before he could say anything, she gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Well?"

"Yeah, that worked" He said, smiling at her.

They said their goodbyes as he climbed out the window, walking back to his house. Harper watched him leave. She then went to her bed, closing her eyes.

She knew she was going to have sweet dreams tonight.

Word count: 857
This is part 2 for my one shot 'back to 2024'. I was going to post this yesterday but I forgot abt it so here you go. Hope you loves enjoyed <3!