mm so this is love

It was 3:00 in the afternoon. Sulphur Springs High School was filled with silence. Nothing was heard in the corridors or near the lockers. That was...until the school bell rang. Soon, the hallways were swarmed with tired-looking teenagers, feeling grateful school had finally come to an end. Harper Marie Dunn walked out of History, the day's last class. She walked through the halls, with her bag slung over her shoulder. She was so relieved that it was Friday. This meant no more school...till Monday at least.

Walking down the crowded hallways, her eyes darted to find the one person she so desperately wanted to see: Griffin.

"I swear I saw him today..." she murmured to herself, going on her tip-toes for a better chance of spotting him.

"Looking for someone?" asked a voice behind her.

She turned to see him smirking down at her.

"Not anymore," she said as calmly as possible.

This was the problem with having a secret relationship. When in public, you had to keep your cool 24/7 to not attract unnecessary attention. It was stressful to say the least, but she found it a thrill at the same time.

"Our place?" he asked in a whisper.

"Always."

Grinning, the two of them rushed in the other direction of the passing students eager to get home. Harper followed his lead, her heart ready to leap out of her chest. They entered an empty classroom before Griffin closed the door behind him.

"I've missed this," said Griffin, taking her face in his hands and pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"You have no idea," she whispered.

"So have you thought about it?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"About going public?" her eyes couldn't meet his as she instead looked out the window, "I don't know, Griffin..."

He took her chin in his hands and tilted her head up to look into his eyes.

"Don't stress out about it," he told her. "There's no rush. I have you - that's what matters."

Harper turned her gaze back to the window as Griffin went to check for any passing teachers. Her mind was swirling with conflicting thoughts - so many people said sixteen was too early to know romantic love, but she knew that it was exactly what she felt for Griffin. This was love; the feeling of knowing that you'd do anything for a person; knowing full well that a world without Griffin was a world not worth living in.

She suddenly felt him behind her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and leaning his head on the crook of her neck.

"I don't want this to end," he whispered.

"I'd rather die than lose you," she replied.

She turned around and shared a heartwarming smile with him. Griffin placed his hands on her waist as pulled her towards him. They shared a passionate kiss as Harper wrapped her arms around his neck.

After a minute, they pulled away. Their foreheads were pressed together before laughing.

So, this is love.

Word count: 508
Ik this is a little short but I'll write longer ones. Creds to my friend, Alex Lexiii_318 who helped me out here with this love u <3. Also, I seriously need what these two seahorses have fr. Anyways hope you enjoyed loves!