did we almost-

Griffin watched as Harper cycled away. He then went inside and hurried off into his room. Once he was there, he closed the door and flopped on his bed. He let out a long-awaited sigh.

"What a day!" He thought.

The Tremonts got their land back, Grace's ghost was freed and he couldn't forget what happened on the porch. He kept replaying the moment in his head. He and Harper almost kissed. He couldn't stop smiling back at the memory. He knew he always thought of Harper as more of a friend but did she feel the same? He wanted to kiss her but he was scared what if she didn't like him like that?

"Why are feelings so complicated?" He sighed, staring at the ceiling.

Just then, his phone rang, breaking his train of thoughts. He picked it up, seeing it was Harper. Should he answer? If he did, what would he say? He just let it ring until it stopped. He continued staring at the ceiling. Just then a knock was heard on the door.

"Come in"

Zoey, who was already changed into pj's, stood at the doorway.

"Griffin, mom says lights out in 10 minutes"

Griffin didn't answer, still staring into space, longingly.

"Griff?" She asked.

When he still didn't answer, she walked up to him. She snapped her fingers which made him return to reality.

"Huh?"

"You okay?"

"Oh- yeah. yeah, I'm fine"

Zoey gave him a weird look.

"Really? You're fine" She asked again, having her suspicions.

Griffin just nodded his head in reply. She shrugged and headed out.

"Goodnight Griffin" She called out, from the hallway.

"Night Zoey" he called out.

Going to bed was the last thing on his mind right now. Not when he still was processing that he almost kissed his best friend aka. crush. He sighed as he continued off, staring into space.

______________________________________

"Goodnight Griffin" Harper said as she stood up from the porch.

"Goodnight Harper" Griffin replied.

She took her bike and started making her way home. The cold night air made her shiver and it didn't help that she didn't have a jacket. She didn't really focus on that, she had a lot on her mind. It's been a day since she returned from 1930. Then earlier, her family (the Tremonts) got their land back, Grace's ghost was finally freed and...her almost kiss with Griffin. She really wanted to kiss him but he pulled away so she did the same. Did she really liked him? I mean sure he was her best friend but did she think of him as more than that? She sighed.

"Feelings are so confusing" she muttered.

As she reached home, she placed her bike and quickly headed inside. She went up to her room, shut the door and flopped on her bed. She was so exhausted. It had been a long day. She grabbed her phone from her bag and decided to call Griffin. They really had to talk about this. He didn't pick up which left her with nothing to do. She just lied down and sighed. The last thing on her mind was sleep. She stared out the window, lost in her train of thoughts.

Just then, there was a knock on her door.

"Harper, lights out!" Her mom called out.

"Okay mom. Goodnight!" She said.

"Night baby!"

With that, Harper decided she'll at least try to get some sleep. She showered and got into her comfy pj's . She turned off the lights and snuggled into her blankets. Her eyes were wide open. I guess she really couldn't sleep. She just had the moment between her and Griffin, replay like a cassette tape. She let out a smile. She knew that she had to talk this out with him, no matter how awkward it may get.

Word count: 678
I know this is a little short but yeah. This is what I thought happened that night after they both kissed. This would have been really cute to see if they showed this. Anyway, hope yall enjoyed this and stay tuned for the next <3.