no interruptions

"Sooo...you and my brother are going to be sharing a room?" Zoey teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

She and Harper were walking to their own rooms.

"What?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh nothing. It's just that two friends who are secretly in love with each other are sharing a room. Totally doesn't mean anything"

Harper rolled her eyes but she couldn't help herself but let out a laugh.

"Anyways, night Harper! I know you'll have fun"

"Night, Zoey" 

Harper came into his room to set her things up. She was staying the night along with her mom and brother, Topher. She saw her best friend looking out the window, distracted.

"Griffin?

"Well...glad Topher's going to be okay at least. It's better me than him right?" He said, as he turned to face.

"Griffin...no"

She left her belongings on his bed and walked to him.

"When do you think it happens?" He asked.

Harper didn't respond so he continued.

"I know it's soon but-"

"Listen to me" Harper said, placing her hands on his shoulders "It's not going to happen, we won't let it"

"Part of me just wants to...travel to 2024...just to-just to see"

"Not me" Harper said.

She then hesitated before she told him.

"I don't want to see any future that doesn't have you in it"

With that, the best friends hugged. Griffin nuzzled his face into her shoulder while Harper rested her chin near his neck.

Once they released from the hug, Harper was still holding his arm.

"You're going to be okay" She assured, giving him a warm smile.

He smiled back at her. Harper went back to arranging her stuff while he admired her from afar. Griffin figured since he may not have much time left, he knew he had to do one thing.

"Hey Harp?"

He started making his way to her, slowly. She looked up when he called her.

"Yeah?"

Noticing that he was approaching, she stopped what she was doing. They were standing right in front of each other like before. He took her left hand in his grasp. She looked down, feeling her fingers intertwining with his. 

"Harper, in case this ghost does end me...I just want you to know that-"

He took a deep breath before he told her, looking right in her eyes.

"I really like you, Harper. Like a lot" He said.

Harper was speechless. She felt like her cheeks were about to explode. Her butterflies inside were fluttering like mad and she felt herself doing cartwheels inside.

"W-Wait, you like me? As in like like me?" She laughed, awkwardly.

"Yeah I do. Since that day you kicked my locker open." He said, cheeks blushing.

"I like you, too" She giggled, like a little kid.

He grinned, as he pulled her in for a hug. Harper couldn't stop blushing as she buried her face in the crook of his neck. Griffin fist-pumped in the air, overjoyed.

As they released from the hug, they found each other staring at the others lips. He took a step forward, taking hold of her other hand in his. He started leaning in. Harper realised and did the same. Soon, their lips connected! It was a short yet sweet. Once they pulled away, they couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Come on, let's get some sleep" Harper said, as she laid her sleeping bag next to his bed.

Griffin turned off the lights, before hoping into bed.

"Goodnight, Griffin"

"Goodnight, Harper"

He couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. He smiled, before drifting off to sleep.

Word count: 640
Sorry this is a little short but hope you guys enjoyed! Being fr, I think the twins shouldn't have barged into this scene so we could get a kiss! My part for titanic collab with Sossfan might take some time but I promise to post it as soon as I can!  Anyway, hope you enjoyed loves <3