are you scared?

Griffin Campbell was bored out of his mind. He just finished his homework and had nothing to do. There he was now, lying on his bed while staring at the ceiling. He sat up, grabbed his phone and decided to call none other than his best friend, Harper Marie Dunn.

"Hey Harp!" He smiled, as soon as she answered.

"Hey Griffin! What's up?"

"I'm bored."

Harper just let out a laugh, which he always found adorable.

"How am I suppose to help with your boredom?"

"Wanna come over?"

"I'll be there in 10" She said, as she hung up.

Just as she said, there was a knock on his bedroom door ten minutes later. She opened it, welcoming herself in.

"Did I say you can come in?" He teased.

"Very funny, Campbell" She said, as she went over and ruffled his blonde hair.

He laughed, as his cheeks started to heat up. He always loved when she did that.

"So what do you want to do?" She asked, as she sat next to him.

He sat there for a while, thinking. He got up and grabbed his laptop before returning to his seat.

"How about a movie?"

"That depends..do you have popcorn?" She asked.

He nudged her shoulder playfully, as they started laughing.

"I'm kidding. Can I choose the movie?"

Griffin was hesitant. He and Harper had different movie options. He was into the action, adventure, mystery stuff while she was into rom-coms and horror films. He thought that romance was too cheesy and horror was just too...terrifying.

He may have time traveled and defeated ghosts that were VERY scary to say the least. When it came to horror movies? He would hide under the covers or he would scream.

He never told Harper because of several reasons. He didn't want to be embarrassed and He'd seem like a scaredy-cat. He knew he had  feelings for Harper so he didn't want her to think he was just her loser best friend who's scared of horror films.

However, he suppose Harper choosing a movie wouldn't be the worst thing.

"Well...okay fine" He said.

"Yes!" Harper exclaimed, happily. 

She grabbed the laptop and started searching a movie.

This wasn't going to be bad...right?

______________________________________

"Hey, you okay?"

She chose to watch scream. The first part of the movie was fine. When they reached the middle, Harper turned to see her best friend's face turned white and pale like a ghost.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Griff, your face is pale. Are you sure you're fine?"

"Y-yeah. Totally fine don't worry about me" He lied, letting out an awkward laugh.

She didn't think much of it so she didn't question him any further. Just then, she felt a tight grip on her hand.

"Um Griffin?"

"Yeah?"

"You're squeezing my hand. Really, really tight"

He didn't know what she was talking about. That was until he glanced down, seeing he was holding her hand.

"Oh right sorry about that" He said, letting go of her hand.

Harper had a hunch something had to be up. She decided to keep watching but eyeing him closely this time. Suddenly, Griffin let out a shrieking high-pitched scream which gave her a shock. She paused the movie before asking him.

"Griffin, are you scared?" she asked cautiously, not wanting him to feel embarrassed.

"What? Who told you that?" he responded awkwardly.

"Oh I don't know...you sweating, the tight hand grip, the high pitched scream. Those all seem like hints to me"

Griffin kept quiet, not saying a word.

"I swear I won't make fun of you," she promised, holding her palms up in surrender.

"Okay. Maybe a little bit..." he caught her raised brow and relented. "Fine. A lot."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

She felt hurt that her best friend didn't think he could come clean to her about these things.

"I didn't want to ruin it for you," he admitted. "I know you're into the genre so..."

"So you'd rather lose your mind over something you're immensely terrified of... so that I don't have to spend an extra 5 minutes or so picking a new movie?"

"Okay that's not the reason actually...I just didn't want you to think that I'm some lame coward who's scared of horror movies" He admitted, before looking down at his fingers.

She saw he was fidgeting with his fingers. She knew it was a habit. Without hesitation, she placed her hand over his.

"Okay that's silly reason...but you know you can always talk to me about these things. You're my best friend. Nothing will ever change that"

"Even if I'm scared of horror movies?"

"Yes, even if you're scared of any horror movies. It's pretty amazing that you find them more terrifying than the ghosts we've faced. For the record, they were 10 TIMES scarier" 

They both shared a laugh, which made Griffin feel better. 

"Thanks, Harper. You always know what to say" 

"I know I'm pretty amazing, aren't I?" She said. 

Griffin would usually roll his eyes or make some hilarious comment, but he didn't. He just smiled at her before saying.

"You're not just amazing, you're the best" 

She smiled, feeling her cheeks starting to get warm. 

"I know you would agree" She teased, nudging his shoulder. 

He rolled his eyes. 

"So...back to the movie?" He asked.

"Sure but...you can pick a different movie. This seems pretty boring anyway"

He let out a huge gush of air, sighing with relief.

"I'm so glad you said that"

They both laughed. Once he picked a movie, the two best friends sat on his bed and watched it together until dinner. 

Word count : 952
This is a little short but hope you guys like it. Shoutout to Lexiii_318 for the idea!! Hope yall enjoyed <3. Also since I'm running out of ideas feel free to request in the comments :)