⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐬

word count: 6,124

word count: 6,124

published: 9/3/23

·············𑁍‎·············

Crunch...

Crunch...

Crunch...

"This is as far as we can take you!" the guide shouted over the wind. "Good luck, Court Herbalists!"

"It's fine! Thank you so much!" (Y/N) thanked, the three waving as the man took off on his horse.

Sighing for the millionth time, they finally turned around, their breath hitching once their eyes met with the beautiful sight of the unfamiliar city.

"This is where we'll be working, Ryuu," Shirayuki said, almost as if reassuring herself as they all looked out at the city in awe. "It's supposed to be a huge... royal facility."

.

.

.

"People would set up tents and rest here after passing through the checkpoint. That's how the city got its start," Ryuu informed the two as the trio treaded slowly down the path that led to the city's entrance.

"Now, scholars and academics from all over the kingdom come here to share their findings with one another. Because there's so much knowledge about every field gathered here-"

Just as the trio reached an interesting engraving on a wall, Ryuu was cut off by a female voice behind them that said, "They call it the Northern Archives of Clarines," catching the trio off guard as they swiftly turned around.

It was a young girl with ash-blonde hair that she had in a ponytail. She had blue, almost turquoise-colored eyes along with animal ear-shaped earmuffs and a light blue coat wrapped around her shoulders.

"Hey there! I'm Yuzuri, a professional plant collector," she introduced as she waved a gloved hand up. "I take it from the crest on your cloaks that you're the herbalists from the royal palace! First time in Lilias?"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

'Herbalism Wing'

"Since scholars have been coming here for so long, there's a ton of literature, even some really old stuff. You wouldn't believe how many people come here just to read," Yuzuri said from beside (Y/N) as the group walked through the herbalism wing. "Plenty of researchers come too, though. All that networking adds to the wealth of knowledge here!"