⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Season: 1

Season: 1

Episode: The Back Full of Meaning

Words: 3,597

Edited: 6/24/23

----------

"That must've been difficult for you two," Chief Garak said soon after Shirayuki and (Y/N) had told her and Ryuu all that had happened over at Fort Laxdo. 

"It wasn't too bad," Shirayuki began as she set her cup of tea down on the table. "Luckily, Prince Zen and the soldiers at Fort Laxdo are very helpful."

"Mhm," (Y/N) upon hearing the prince's name; staring dreamily at the floor as their thoughts wandered away from the conversation at hand.

"Well, you guys should be proud of your work," Garak shared as she leaned against her desk, taking a sip of tea right after. 

Quietly, Ryuu added, "Yeah, really good job there." 

"Why, thank you for the praise!" (Y/N) suddenly remarked as they put their cup of water down. "Good to know I didn't get sick for nothing!" they continued sarcastically, managing to earn a warning look from the redhead. 

After laughing lightly, Garak said, "You two can take the rest of the day off."

Right before (Y/N) could even open their mouth, Shirayuki spoke up, almost as if she knew what they were thinking. 

"We shouldn't. Everyone else is still working!" she said as (Y/N) stared at her in betrayal. 

Like hell they would deny a break!

"Getting rest is important, too," Ryuu quickly rebutted, making Shirayuki sweatdrop as (Y/N) laughed at her.

"As you wish~!" (Y/N) sang out as they got up and grabbed their coat. 

.

.

.

"Alright, I guess we'll be going then!" Shirayuki said as she and (Y/N) waved goodbye to the chief and Ryuu. 

"See ya' later!" Garak called back as she and Ryuu waved before the two friends closed the door and finally took their leave to their rooms...