Chapter 13: May I have this dance...?

"To the left, 'Yuki! Left

"To the left, 'Yuki! Left...!" I said as I felt Shirayuki trip on her feet as she tried to match my steps. She ended up stepping on me anyway... With her HEELS!!!!! I let out a pained noise as I moved away to grab at my foot.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Are you okay!?" Shriayuki asked as she kneeled down beside me in worry. "I-I'm fine...!" I said as I felt tears of pain prick at my eyes.

"I- uh.... Hello, you two..." we heard someone say from behind us as we fumbled around about my foot. We turned around to spot the one and only, Obi!

"Obi!" Shirayuki called out in surprise as we quickly stood up. "Woww~ Dancing instead of herbs, that's a shock..." Obi said as he walked over. Shirayuki ignored his teasing, walking up to him and saying, "Alright, c'mon! I really need you to practice with me! I can't use (Y/N) anymore since I've already hurt them!"

"N-No, no! It's fine, really! I'm fine! She's actually very close to getting the moves right...!" I said almost hesitantly as I felt the pulsing pain in my foot. "I'm actually more worried about the dance instructor..." I whispered towards them as I motioned towards the hurt man in the corner, who was still holding his foot in pain.

"Yeah... I kept stepping on his poor toes... I feel bad for him as well..." Shirayuki said as she looked down in embarrassment. "So you wanna step on me?" Obi questioned with a raised brow. "Yes! If you don't mind!" Shirayuki said with determined eyes.

"Well- I'd love to, but I can't at the moment. I'm on my way to guard Mihaya, otherwise I y'know... would..." Obi said as he slowly backed away from Shirayuki with a nervous smile. "We were also planning on going to the port to see if we could find anything else out while there," I said as I slowly stood up from the floor while holding myself up with Shirayuki's shoulder.

"You're both always so dependable," Obi said with a teasing smirk. "But don't you have your hands kinda full with all that getting ready to go to Tanbarun stuff? And dancing lessons for the ball, to table etiquette and appropriate court-whatever? You guys have a lot to do, don't you? Just leave it to me and the prince! We can handle investigating the pretty boy. But, here you go," he then handed Shirayuki a book and me a little container that probably held herbs. "The chief herbalist asked me to give this to you two. And Ryuu wanted you to have these herbs that will help with sore feet!"

"Ryuu knew this was going to happen, didn't he..." I mumbled as Obi chuckled at my expression. "Well, get to it!" Obi said before walking out of the room.

━─━────༺༻────━─━

"Why does this shit feel so good~!" I let out as I sunk my feet into the herbal water, finally feeling relief after what felt like an eternity.

Shirayuki and I had finally been let out of the hell that was dance practice and were let back into our rooms. I, of course, had helped Shirayuki set up her own bowl of the herbal water before I had gone back to my room.