⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

Words: 3,087

Words: 3,087

-----------

"On my next break?" (Y/N) asked as they finally brought their head up, meeting Zen's eyes after having picked the last herb needed into their basket. 

"Yes, do you want to go somewhere with me?" Zen offered as he sent them a small smile.

"Sure! But where to?" they responded as they moved to stand up, holding the basket to their hip.

"Any place is fine. Wherever you want to go, (Y/N)," Zen said as he brought his hand to rest on his sheathed sword.

"Hmm... Well, if I get to pick... How about the City of Joka? I've heard really good things about it, and plus, I wanna see what I could find while we're there," (Y/N) suggested as Zen nodded along. "There aren't many chances we get to just go enjoy without it having to do with work."

"Good, it's decided then," Zen said as he walked down the rest of the steps, bringing himself to stand beside them.

"Looking forward to it! Shirayuki's been talking about wanting to visit Joka for a while now," they explained with a slight laugh. 

"Oh, but this time..." Zen trailed off as he looked away, scratching his cheek before looking back at (Y/N) with an almost shy smile. "...Let's go just the two of us," he finally said, making (Y/N)'s eyes widen slightly before their lips formed into a smile.

"So you're basically taking me on a date?" they teased as they smirked, making Zen stumble with his words as he looked away nervously. "Relax! I'm just teasing you," they said as they nudged him, before leaning in and surprising him with a small kiss on the cheek. 

.

.

.

"Uh... See you then, I guess..." they said with a sweatdrop as Zen stood unresponsive, laughing awkwardly before hurriedly rushing off toward Ryuu and Shirayuki.

[₊˚✧𑁍.ೃ࿔*:・]

"Incredible..." Chief Garaak let out in astonishment as the four looked around the room, which practically sparkled. "You did this all by yourself, (Y/N)?" she questioned as their eyes landed on the tired form of (Y/N), who sat on a chair lazily, broom about to fall out of their hand.

"Yes..." they let out soullessly as they blinked once.

"The Chief's desk is completely clean..." Yatsufusa mumbled as he walked over to the said desk, running a finger over the wood before inspecting his finger. "How many times a year... No, how many times in my life has it been this clean...?"

That was before he felt a dark presence looming over him, making him yelp as he turned around to find a seething Chief Garaak. 

"How did you do all of this, (Y/N)? Are you okay...?" Shirayuki asked worriedly as she made her way over to her friend, who still sat motionless as they let her take the broom from their slipping grip.