⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐈 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞

Season: 2

Season: 2

Episode: My story, my path

Words: 6,430

----------

"That's the last of those..." the redhead mumbled to herself as she used her wrist to move some hair out of her face, before letting out a sigh.

"Ahh~! Today feels like such a good day to fix the garden!" (Y/N) sang out as they pat down the dirt they had just planted a seed in. "Now all we have to do is pull the weeds out, right?" they questioned as they turned towards Shirayuki, who gave a quick nod in response. 

"Oh-! We still need to see how the Akime Herbs are sprouting, too!" Shirayuki exclaimed in realization as the two began pulling out the unwanted weed.  

"Ugh- AGH-!" 

They suddenly heard from the entrance of the greenhouse, making them jump as they turned to see the source of the sound.

"Obi-! Get off of me! Ngh-!" they heard as they wordlessly approached the door in confusion, only to find... Obi sitting on top of... Mihaya...!?

"Well, well, so I guess it was you after all..." Obi said as he stared down at Mihaya with a raised brow

"Hey! What do you mean "after all"!?!?" Mihaya exclaimed angrily as he stared up at the attendant.

"Mihaya...?" 

"The fuck!?"

(Y/N) and Shirayuki let out in unison as they watched said man stand up.

"Yes, that's right," Mihaya said as he dusted himself off, giving Obi a glare in the process. "Just perfect..." he mumbled under his breath in annoyance with a huff.

"I'm here as an official messenger from Tanbarun. You should know that I went out of my way to come see you two right after greeting Prince Zen and the others," he continued as he adjusted his suit, before moving to sit down by some flowerbeds.

"If that's the case, then why were you sneaking around and hiding in the shadows like a rat?" Obi questioned innocently as he rested his hand across onto his right shoulder.

"Because someone I didn't wanna see was probably with them, stray cat face!" Mihaya exclaimed once again as he gave Obi an annoyed glare. 

"Official messenger?" Shirayuki questioned quietly as the two continued to watch Mihaya and Obi bicker. "I didn't realize you were in Tanbarun now!" 

Mihaya turned toward her with a confused look, before finally giving a smirk as he said, "That all happened when you and (Y/N) were kidnapped by the Claw of the Sea. Don't you remember I gave them very important intel, so Tanbarun could take them down." He smiled confidently as he motioned toward himself before continuing. "Thanks to me, the thugs associated with the Claw were dragged out one by one. And as a reward... I was given a noble rank!"