⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐀 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

Season: 1

Season: 1

Episode: From the Small Hand, a Burgeoning Concerto Resonate

Words: 5,545

Edited: 5/31/23

----------

"Damn it...! Why are there so many people...!?" (Y/N) whispered over to Shirayuki as the two walked along behind many of the other herbalists - everyone headed toward the testing grounds. 

Shirayuki's brows furrowed slightly, before sending (Y/N) a comforting smile as she quietly said, "This is a very important test, so of course there'll be a lot of people, (Y/N). Relax..."

"Oh, I know... But I can't help it...! I'm already sweating, see!?" they said as they pointed up at their forehead, which had indeed started to sweat ever so slightly. 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

  "Once all the examinees have arrived, we will proceed to the orientational room! Please wait patiently until then!" the announcer instructed as the growing crowd surrounded the entrance toward the said room. 

Whispering and people conversing could be heard all around as (Y/N) scanned the crowd, unknowing of her red-headed friend beginning to walk off.

"Shirayuki-," they quickly cut themself off as they looked to their left, where Shirayuki should have been, only to be met with another fellow examinee; who sent them a quick smile after catching their stare. 

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as they looked around frantically, in search of the redhead, before their eyes fell upon her running figure. Why the hell was she headed toward the garden!? 

They hurriedly made their way out of the crowd, before chasing after her. They had quickly figured out why she was running toward the herb garden. 

Ryuu...

"Don't run off like that...! You almost gave me a heart attack!" (Y/N) scolded as they finally caught up to Shirayuki, who had already begun walking down the stairs and further into the garden.

Shirayuki gave a guilty laugh as (Y/N) crossed their arms. Nevertheless, they couldn't help but begin to glance around at the bountiful amount of herbs the garden had to offer. 

But the two soon found themselves standing a few feet away from the reason why Shirayuki had run off... Ryuu, who was squatting down and writing in a journal. 

Shirayuki's eyes trailed over to the basket that sat beside him, which contained some familiar herbs. "A compound for suppressing coughs? That's a good start, but he'd still need some Rainbow Leaf and Cocograss..." she mumbled as she listed off said items with her fingers.