⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞

Season: 1

Season: 1

Episode: Let Me Hear the Melody of Your Smile

Words: 3,115

Edited: 7/16/23

----------

"Zen, you son of a bitch...!" (Y/N) let out, gasping and heaving for breath after the long run. 

"Zen..." they mumbled one last time, before turning around and beginning to walk away, feeling disheartened.

.

.

.

"(Y/N)!"

Their breath hitched in their throat once having heard their name coming from a familiar voice, before hesitantly turning around; looking up, and suddenly making eye contact with pretty blue eyes.

"S-Stay there! I'll come down!" Zen said, beginning to make a run for it toward the staircase. 

"No, it's fine!" (Y/N) insisted, making the prince come to a stop before turning to them in confusion. "I'll come up to you..." they reassured before running over to the nearest tree to the building he was on.

After a few failed attempts at climbing the tree, they successfully made it up to the top of the tree, managing to be level with the floor Zen was on.

The prince blinked for a few moments, staring at them in surprise, before finally snapping out of it and holding out his hand, saying, "Reach out!"

As carefully as they could, they took hold of his hand, jumping off of the branch, only to end up tripping on the railing, just as Zen had the first time they met — the trip causing them to fall over with a yelp.

"Well, that was unexpected..." Zen mumbled as (Y/N) finally opened their eyes, finally revealing to them the way they were thrown on top of him. 

"I- uh, I'm sorry...!" they let out in a frenzy as they climbed off of him at rapid speed, very much flustered.

"How'd you even know I was up here?" he asked as he dusted himself off, whilst still sitting beside them on the floor. 

Looking away nervously, they readjusted their sleeves before replying to his question. "O-Oh! I just, um, noticed you on the balcony, but I thought you'd already gone inside...!"

"You said my name... What could I do? Walk away?" Zen said, voice genuine and soft as he took hold of their hand once again, sending them a smile once they looked back at him.