⤷ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Season: 1

Season: 1

Episode: This Path, the Crystallization of Premonition

Words: 4,443

Edited: 6/18/23

----------

"It must be cold because we're so close to the mountains," Shirayuki comments as the group neared the designated town, which was where the chief had sent both (Y/N) and Shirayuki; having said they needed to pick up some supplies. 

They then found out that Zen, Kiki, and Mitsuhide were on their way to Fort Laxdo, so they decided to tag along since the town was a few stops before Fort Laxdo. 

Shirayuki was currently riding with Mitsuhide, whilst (Y/N) rode with Kiki. 

"Yes, this place is a far cry from sunny Clarines," Kiki said from behind (Y/N). 

"Well, I think it's perfectly fine!" (Y/N) chimed in as they smiled, ignoring the slight shiver that went down their spine as they took in the cold, crisp air. They loved the cold...

"I wish we could take you two all the way..." Mitsuhide began with furrowed brows. "We do feel guilty about that, but we need to get to Laxdo quickly,"

(Y/N) waved the attendant off, leaning back closer to Kiki as they said, "It's fine, don't feel guilty. We're just glad you're taking us as far as you can."

Mitsuhide sent them a smile, his guilt leaving him ever so slightly before he said, "I still can't believe they sent you two all the way to Laxdo. Seems like being Court Herbalists is hard work."

Deadpanning, (Y/N) rolled their eyes before saying, "You can say that again... Now that we're apprentices, Garak basically has us doing all her heavy work!" 

"We're grateful for it, though..." Shirayuki said, tone passive-aggressive as she shot (Y/N) a quick glare, making them sweatdrop before looking away nervously. "Plus, I like that (Y/N) and I get to spend so much time outside. (Y/N)'s definitely been needing it recently."

"Hey...!"

After a few laughs were shared, Kiki spoke up, saying, "By the way, we told Lord Haruka that you and Shirayuki have been granted positions inside the castle. He said congratulations, right?" She then turned to Mitsuhide for confirmation.

"Yeah... but the sarcasm was palpable..." he confirmed with a deadpan smile. 

"He's interesting. He can't hide what he's thinking, so it's funny when he tries."