I got back downstairs and saw he wasn't sitting at the bar anymore. I looked around and saw no sign of him. "Of course." I muttered under my breath. "I'm an idiot."

"Vita?" A familiar voice came from behind me. "You ready to go? Sorry I just had to take a call. My cars outside." His eyes flickered as he smiled.

"Sure, yeah I'm ready to go and my names Athena, you don't have to call me that name anymore. I just use it for here or when guys creep me out. You passed the test so far, but don't let me regret it." I smirked at him causing him to turn a shade of pink.

Did my fake confidence just fluster this man? Was that even possible?

"I figured, but I didn't want to push it." He said as I followed him to the parking lot. "This is me." As he stopped in front of a jet black Mercedes Maybach.

'Oh no, so he's rich rich'

"Damn Jimin, someone's got good taste."

"Sometimes." He chuckled.

"So where are we going?" I asked, sitting quietly in the passenger seat. Everything smelled so good inside, it was as if he had just bought it. He had a blue crystal hanging from the rear-view mirror. "How fitting." I thought.

"The beach." He stared at the road, resting his veiny hand on the gear shift. "Why the beach?" I asked. He turned to look at me and smiled, the road lights reflecting in his eyes causing them to sparkle. "You ask too many questions." He laughed, "Just trust me okay?" 

After a while, we pulled up to Santa Monica pier and parked. Turning the car off as we sat in silence for a few minutes, I looked over at him waiting for him to speak. "I come to this spot when i want to get away from everyone, it always makes me feel better. I love the ocean, it never talks back to you." He smiled softly and turned to get out of the car. I got out and walked beside him down the steps to the sand and took off my shoes. "I love walking barefoot down here, I've been around some ocean spots here before a few times with my friends, I didn't come to this exact spot, but it's funny you say that because it's been a place that's also calmed me since moving here."

"Seems like it's a spot for the both of us then"

"Yeah." I smiled, watching his eyes flicker again.

'Why do they keep doing that'

We walked a few minutes til we got to the edge of the water. The waves crashed against the rocks and pier structure, the tide slowly going out and coming back up to splash my feet. "Come, let's sit." He said grabbing my hand and walking up the sand just enough so that we didn't get wet anymore. I sat beside him and dug my feet into the dark specks of rocks around me. Feeling the heat on my body from the days worth of sun. "Jimin, tell me why you were at the bar by yourself, Is that a thing you do?" I asked staring off into the black abyss.

"No, it's not something I normally do. I came with my brother but he was pre occupied with someone so I came in for a drink." He spoke, slightly looking at me.  "Ahh, did you tell him you were leaving or is he just going to assume you bailed." I let out a small laugh.  "That's actually why I was on the phone when you left. I told him I was hanging out with someone and to not wait for me."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Of course." He nodded.