Chapter 77

PARIS

Now that she had him in her arms, Alex didn't want to move. It'd taken so long to get to this point. She could feel his beating heart as his grip around her was comfortably snug. The numbness in her legs reminded her she needed to move wether she wanted to or not. When she shifted, Bucky's grip tightened and he groaned.

"Just a little longer,"

Alex stilled, exhaling softly. He buried his face against her neck, and his lips grazed the skin there. It was impossible for her body not to react, a pleasant rush of goosebumps peppered her skin.

"I'd love to stay locked like this...I would, but i think the blood in my legs has gone," She mumbled into his shoulder, and heard him softly chuckle.

Bucky let her inch back enough to scan his face. His red rimmed eyes, tear streaked cheeks and flushed lips made her heart ache for him. She hated seeing him like this. But was glad that he finally, finally let her in.

Alex spent time caressing his face; touching cheekbones, tracing his lips. Every brush of her fingers had a soothing feel, a warmth he could never forget.

Healing magic.

One of Bucky's hands came up to move her dark locks off her shoulder. He leaned in, then stopped. The close proximity made her stomach flutter with a sense of anticipation.

Alex stilled. "Do it," She whispered. "Kiss me," There was no order implied, nothing commanding. Just a love that had always been there between them.

Bucky's gaze lowered to her mouth, his thumb tenderly brushing across her lips. They were rosy pink and plump, so soft, and he'd wanted to kiss them more than anything.

He followed through and it was one small kiss, too short, and not enough.
When he looked at her, he saw that unspoken desire. The pure need to give in to each other.

"It's okay," She said, and felt his breath tickle her face on his shaky exhale.

"I want..." he rasped, and pressed his forehead to hers. She could feel his brows draw together, and his fingers threading into her hair, gripping the back of her neck.

Alex's palms rested against his chest,
"You want wha-" She didn't get to finish, because in the next heartbeat, he kissed her. Claiming her lips so delicately, then it changed to how he'd kissed her in Spain, before everything fell apart.

One of his hands pressed softly against the small of her back, bringing her closer, needing any space between them eradicated. She gasped at the sensitivity but also the heat that spread between them. Instantly her arms wrapped around his neck as their lips moved in beautiful synchronicity. If she had been standing, her knees would've buckled.

He made her dizzy and drunk on the passion. Alex moaned as his tongue slipped past her lips, tasting and devouring her mouth. Stealing her breath away.

His lips moved to her neck as she rolled her head back. A soft hum escaped her, and as she brought her head forwards again, their eyes locked, burning with a powerful lust.

Alex cupped his face as she stood, forcing him up to stand with her. They remained in place, holding onto each other while letting the blood return to their legs. The pins and needles threatened to make them crumble to the floor again, but their supportive grip on each other did not waver.

Bucky didn't say a word but his eyes held so much. When they had feeling back in their limbs, he leaned forwards, bending and scooping her into his strong arms. Cuddling her into his chest as he walked up the stairs to the bedroom she occupied. Once he got there, he lowered her back on her feet. But he felt her tremble slightly.