Chapter 3

"She'll be alright, she just needs some rest. She suffered a small concussion." Bruce updated Alex, Natasha and Tony who stood around Wanda's bed in the medical bay.

Nudging Natasha's good arm, Tony gestured for her to follow him and they walked out so he could proper brief her on what happened.

"Thanks Bruce" Alex said and the man smiled warmly before heading to the joined room. The guy was always learning and researching medical things, he loved and was good at that sort of stuff. Plus, he was always looking for some type of cure to his Hulk outs.

Bringing her gaze back to Wanda, Alex saw her chest rising and falling with steady breaths. She couldn't help but feel extremely relieved that all the witch suffered was a few cuts and a small concussion. It was minor in their line of work but that being said, it could have been worse.

"Hey" Wanda whispered, a soft smile on her lips as her eyes fluttered open.

"Hey.."

"I'm not dead, you don't have to look that sad" Wanda joked lightly making Alex scoff.

"Hah! haven't lost your spark yet" Alex teased and the witch chuckled then frowned, she felt her head pound a little.

"I'm glad you're okay...I'm glad i was there at the right time to save you guys...who would've known what the outcome would've been if i wasn't." She expressed herself truthfully, glancing at Wanda's vitals machine.

"We both know what would have happened," Wanda said, lifting her hand to tap her index finger against her temple. It insinuated they both could read minds. Wanda gave her a small smile to reassure her that everything's fine.

"Let's hope it stays that way..." Alex voiced aloud before she turned to go.

"Alex..why do i feel like you're not being completely honest with me?" Wanda asked, her Sokovian accent coming out.

Pausing briefly, Alex half turned to look back at her. "Just an unsettled feeling...that's all." She replied. "You guys escaped him once...and now a second time." Alex lowered her gaze to the foot of Wandas bed.

"I just...you know what, never mind," she raised her head and looked at her friend. "We'll be fine. Let's get that positive energy flowing yeah" she smiled at Wanda, blowing her a kiss and the witch reciprocated the action but Alex's words lingered in her mind.

She knew about Hydra too, she had been a brief captive with them in her past so she knew first hand what Alex had meant. Hydra always got what they wanted.

"Get some rest" Alex suggested softly and Wanda nodded, watching her walk out of the medical bay.

Walking past the debriefing room where Tony was filling Natasha in on what happened, Alex kept going and went upstairs to her room. Once inside she closed the door and locked it, resting her back against it.

Taking a moment, she closed her eyes and breathed, shoving all the worry down before deciding to take a shower and try to get some rest herself. It had been two years and Alex still couldn't believe she actually lived there with these amazing people who took her in and treated her like she was family.

They showed her kindness, respect and above all else, they accepted her in without knowing her full story. 

*

NIGHTMARE

Darkness surrounds as laughter echoed the room while screams of pain erupted from each direction.

Hydra soldiers being held up in the air by invisible threads, their cries sounding out as they clutched their chests.