Chapter 42

Tidying up in her room, Alex slid her gaze to Tony who rapped a knuckle on her doorframe. He took that as an invitation and walked in dropping a file on her coffee table.

Glancing at the file, she asked. "And that is?"

"Details about your next mission."

Over the course of a few months, Alex had been given lots of missions but they all happened to be recon ones. While she was happy to be out of the compound and doing something—she hated recon missions, comparing them to the plague.

Lifting the file up and taking a quick look, she slid her gaze to meet her brother and the look on her face said it all.

"Seriously...an assistant?" She huffed, tossing the file to the table. 

"What am i, an amateur?"

"You're not an amateur and i got nothing else to say except—you're going undercover as an assistant. So you need to look the part," He said. She only now noticed the dress bag he held, handing it to her when she reached for it. Unzipping the bag she pulled out the outfit and swore. 

"You have got to be shitting me." Her eyes scanned over the black figure hugging skirt that hit just above the knees. There was a blouse paired with it containing...pearl buttons. Tony bit back the growing smirk on his face because he knew this was way—way out of her dress sense.

Her face paled. "This isn't my style Tony, how am i suppose to fight if i need to?"

"I know, it's not my style either...to be honest that blouse isn't even real silk." He made a disgusted face and her features dropped into a deadpan expression.

"The word blouse coming from your mouth sounds cheap."

He rolled his eyes while she looked at the garment with pinched brows.

"It's an undercover mission Alex, you need to become someone else so there shouldn't be any fighting ne-"

She cut him off. "But what if there is??"

His brow raised as he levelled a look at her. 

"Then do what you're good at, improvise—rip it or something,"

She shot him a glare and he gave her one back in return before checking his watch like he was bored already.

"Get changed and get going, car leaves in 10," With that he turned on his heel and walked out only stopping to pop his head back into the doorway.

"FYI, you're going to rock that outfit like you do everything you wear. You're a Stark—it's what we're best at...amongst many other things," He flashed her a smile and disappeared down the hallway.

"How thoughtful" she mumbled to herself, grabbed the rest of the things needed then went to change.

Using her magic to alter her appearance into someone who looked nothing like herself, Alex did a quick glance in the mirror. The disgusted look on her face was the only tell she hated this, but there was nothing she could do. Shoving her shoulders back and straightening her posture, she flicked her now platinum blonde hair over her shoulders.

"Okay Stark, let's do this."

It wasn't hard for Alex to weasel her way into the office building and gain access to the bosses office. She used her charisma and charm and had everyone who looked her way simply fawn over her. Giving her whatever she wished for.

Sensing every single body in the building, she knew there was a limited amount of time to get the files saved onto the usb drive and get the hell out of his office before getting caught. Sticking the drive into the computer, Alex worked quickly and hacked his login credentials, scoffing when she uncovered the password he'd used was, pussy.