Chapter 41

The distinct scent of Indonesian oud filled Alex's senses as she curled up in the quilt, burying her face into the pillow. Her body felt heavy yet incredibly light. Her skin buzzed with satisfaction and lingering pleasure. Eyes still closed, she could feel the fluttering in her stomach that screamed excitement and happiness. 

With a soft sigh, her mouth curved into a smile that she couldn't stop even if she wanted to. Somehow last night felt like a dream, but the gentle sound of deep sleep breathing beside her reminded her it wasn't. Slowly opening her eyes, they immediately shut tight from the bright light pouring in through the sheer curtains. Last night she'd forgotten to draw them closed before the passion took hold, so now the beautiful sunshine of morning filled the room.

Tightening her grip on the quilt, with a stifled groan she rolled onto her back. Alex moved her head to the side and bit her lip when she saw him; the most gorgeous super soldier that happened to be all hers. Her boyfriend, Bucky Barnes was asleep peacefully right next to her. She could feel the warmth from his body reaching and coiling around her like an invisible rope binding them together. 

The memories came back to her in flashes—hot, steamy and very vivid flashes causing heat to creep into her cheeks and burn her face like she'd just opened an oven door that was set to high degrees.

Tearing her gaze away from him, she glanced around the room noticing all the rose petals scattered about, including a few that may or may not have been stuck in her hair at this point. She plucked one out and looked at it between her fingers before flicking it into invisibility.

After their moment of intense passion, Bucky took care of her, he showed her what aftercare looked like. Bathing together, giving her sensual shoulder massages while his lips left soft kisses along her neck. He'd washed her hair and then afterwards begged her to let him dry it. Alex was in literal heaven. She'd never known life to be so...wonderful. And it was because of him.

With but a thought, she willed her magic to clean up the room making it all fresh and petal free once again. Even the string lights were gone and perfectly put away for another time. A flash of her phone let her know that she'd received a text message but couldn't be assed moving to check it. If it was urgent then another text would come through within the next few seconds, or her phone would start buzzing with incoming calls. 

Waiting that extra minute, none of the latter came, so she shrugged and looked back at her prince charming. It was like she was caught in a trap. He looked so handsome and she longed to run her fingers over his high cheekbones and perfect lips. Alex wanted to gaze at him forever, but the gazing lasted for two minutes before she felt like a weirdo and decided to get up.

With the grace of a stealthy assassin she shifted off the bed, picked up the closest article of clothing from the floor—which happened to be his dress shirt, and slipped her arms in, doing up the few lower buttons before tip toeing to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Bucky stretched in bed and air filled his lungs in a deep breath. Her scent lingered all around drawing on the memory of last night in his half awake state. His cock responded in search of her but he felt too heavy to bother moving as a type of relaxation he hadn't felt for decades washed over him.

When Alex walked out of the bathroom with the intention to walk across the room to her wardrobe, she froze seeing him move in a circle over to face her direction. She watched him hug his pillow tightly and softly mumble incoherent sounds. The sight made her smile because he was supposed to be this brutal assassin yet there he was currently a big softy. No one would believe her if she was to spread that rumour though.

His eyes fluttered open squinting at the brightness. "oh god that's bright," His voice held a raspiness to it that made her insides clench with desire. She watched as he blinked a few times to clear the sleep from his eyes.