Chapter 21

Alex woke up just as Bucky did the next morning. "Good morning," she said from the bed, already sitting up. He looked over while running a hand through his hair to tame his textured locks.

"Good morning," he smiled, and she looked away to swing her legs out of bed and get up. Alex made the bed while Bucky made the couch and pressed the button that opened the blinds to let in the morning light.

"I'm going to get ready," she said, and he gave her a nod then headed to the door.

"Okay, i'll go get ready too and meet you downstairs,"

Bucky heard her hurried steps and turned just in time to catch her waist as she threw her arms over his shoulders, her lips pressed against his and he smiled against them.

"What was that for?" He asked, he'd gladly kiss her every minute of every day.

"Just, felt like it,"

"So, kissing is permitted?" he asked, stroking her cheek with his thumb. Alex hummed with a nod then kissed him again and went to step back, he shook his head and pulled her close.

"gods, your lips are my new addiction," he mumbled, nuzzling his nose with hers and making her chuckle.

"Go, now...go, get ready," She said, turning him towards the door because if she didn't, the alternative would've been spending the entire day locked in the room together. With a smirk, Bucky kissed her cheek then left the room, leaving her gawking at his fine backside before she flicked a wrist and the door closed behind him.

*

Sam made them all a pre mission breakfast, and Alex was glad it was something as simple as a smoothie because there was no way she could eat actual food. The nerves were high despite Bucky being around to help ease some of it.

"Okay, everyone remember the details?" Tony asked.

"Yep, let's hope it goes smoothly for a change," Sam added, and all Alex could do was nod and fiddle with her thigh holster strap. Bucky noticed her nervous tells and leaned in close while Sam and Tony went over some things.

"We'll be fine," he whispered, and she slid her gaze to meet him. Alex smiled softly, glad for his reassurance and presence because he made her feel a lot more grounded.

"Alex, can i talk with you for a second," Tony called, and she slid off the barstool to follow her brother out of the room.

"So hey, where were you last night?" Sam asked, looking at Bucky with a brow raised.

"With Alex."

His words took the falcon by surprise for a second that he choked on his smoothie, when he recollected himself he looked at Bucky with a narrowed gaze before his eyes widened.

"Oh, oh!" He said, assuming something that never happened, his brows wiggling up and down.

"Did the cyborg finally make a move?"

"Nothing happened, so shut it, pigeon. I just didn't want to stay in the same room as you," Bucky said, defensively. Sam gasped in mocked hurt and slapped a hand to his chest.

"I feel hurt now. I am an amazing roomie partner." He said, drawing his gaze to Alex who walked back into the room.

"No, you're really not," She said, siding with Bucky after hearing their conversation. Alex sent the super soldier a friendly wink of support, and he rubbed his nose to hide the smile that threatened to expose itself.

"Alex!" Sam whined and she chuckled lightly, stopping by his side and clasping a hand down on his shoulder.

"Sam, if i wanted to gossip about my private life with you, i would. But i don't, so i'm not going to." She shut him down.