Chapter 19

Alex walked into her room with Bucky following, she closed the door after him and leaned back against it, watching as he scanned her room. 

It was the first time he'd been in there, and the super soldier took it all in, from the vibrant green ivy plants trailing off her floating shelves, to the one big potted plant that sat in the corner of her room beside the balcony doors. It was a monstera, with large luscious green leaves that were practically the size of a human head if not bigger.

A very comfy looking couch sat against the wall with a wooden coffee table before it, her king size bed sat beside the balcony doors with plush bedding that looked fit for a queen. And he thought her a queen so it was fitting. The large fluffy rug that sat underneath the bed only added to the room's cosy feel.

Various shapes and sizes of crystals sat all around in strategic places, including selenite by her windows for protection and black tourmaline by the door. A lavender scent wafted around the room and Bucky drew his gaze to the diffuser that was lightly puffing the mist around.

Alex had artwork of the sun and moon in frames hung on her walls, and the rooms colour scheme was a mix of cream, beiges and browns. Soft and very earthy toned. 

She even had a pile of books stacked upon each other in one corner, books she finished reading but didn't have time to put back on the shelves—shelves that happened to be floor to ceiling in height across one side of her room, filled with a variation of books. Alex was an avid reader and loved spending her free time doing so.

"Wow, your bookshelf is amazing," He said, trailing fingertips along the book spines before stopping at one that made him smile. -The Hobbit-

"Two years worth of collecting," Alex stated, walking to the couch. "You can borrow some if you like, i don't mind, just...make sure you bring them back how you found them..." The hint at her slight ocd mannerisms was noted.

As she sat down, Alex couldn't help but remember the discussion downstairs, Hydra was still out looking to get Bucky back and she knew without a doubt that they had never stopped looking for her too. There was a sudden silence in the room as he stood by the balcony doors and looked out with a far away expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" she asked, and turning around, the super soldier walked over.

"I'm okay.." He sat down beside her and fiddled with his fingers. 

"Just...processing.. i guess"

"Bucky, i appreciate you being protective of me, i do...but hear me out," She said. 

"If they come, i won't let them take you. I hope you know that,"

Her words held such confidence in them that he had to avert his gaze. Bucky knew she would fight the entire organisation to protect him, and if she had her way then no one would ever lay a single hand on him again.

"Alexandra-"

"No Bucky, i mean it." She said, shifting her body to face him because things were getting a little more serious now, and she needed him to understand. "They won't touch you again, not while i'm standing, not while i'm still breathing, i need you to understand-"

"Stop it.." he breathed, taking hold of her hands. "Listen to me, i don't care what happens to me, but i won't let them take you-"

"I do!" she exclaimed. "I care!"

Alex looked at him with such love in her eyes, it was the kind of love that was for someone who meant so much to her, and realising it, Bucky chewed the inside of his cheek.

"I can't lose..." He stopped talking because he couldn't bring himself to say what he wanted too, but she knew, Alex knew exactly what he wanted to say, so she said it instead.