Chapter 75

PARIS

Appearing inside the homely abode, Alex slipped her hand from Bucky's and looked around. It was dark from everything being shut and covered in sheets to protect the furniture from dust. With a flick of her hand, the blinds drew open, letting in the afternoon light.

"I'm gonna go take a look around," she said, dropping her backpack near the door.

The house contained three levels, with a rooftop terrace and balconies on every side, giving beautiful views of the Eiffel Tower.

Alex made her way through the house, the main living quarters resided on the ground level. A beautiful bright kitchen, dining and lounge area with a cozy vibe. The windows were french styled with botanicals around. Soft sheer curtains with block out blinds that were draped to the side in a swoop. A fireplace was nestled underneath a mantel that held a tv on the wall above it.

Down the hall there was a room containing floor to ceiling shelves, stocked with an array of books. There was a cozy chair in the corner with soft lighting, and one decent window to let it the sunshine. Alex suddenly had the urge to pick one of those books and escape reality for a while.

In the other corner of the room housed a stunning and mysterious grand black piano. It stole her breath for a moment, and all she could do was stare at it in wonder.

Grazing her fingers across the lid, Alex lifted it and slid her fingertips along the white keys. She pressed down on one, eliciting a soft hum of noise. It brought forth a sweet memory of a time from her childhood where her mother taught her how to play. A soft smile graced Alex's lips but it flattened when the reality of her situation came back, making her gently close the lid on a sigh.

Moving on, she came to find the whole place had a beautiful vintage yet modern Parisian feel to it. Delicate and gorgeous light fixtures graced the hallways and stair levels, looking almost ethereal. The second and third levels contained their own fireplaces, while the three bedrooms filled up the third level. One being a master suite. The bathrooms in all the bedrooms featured stunning white and gold detailing.

The wardrobes held appropriate clothes and a few stunning formal pieces. An instant smirk crossed her face while her mind scolded her brother.

What does he think we're gonna do...go to a freaking ball?...She thought, touching the fabric and sighing softly at the mere luxury of it. The gowns were stunning.

When she explored the rooftop terrace, taking in the views of Paris, Alex casted a shield around the property, setting up wards and concealment spells for herself and Bucky. The crisp cold air nipped at her cheeks and fingers, but oddly enough it didn't seem to bother her, what with her heart already on the precipice of falling off a cliff. 

Walking back inside, her magic made all the fireplace's heat up the freezing house, bringing it to a more homely feel. And as she turned on the tv for the first time in a while, instant broadcasts littered the new channels. There were still a few things about them, and it was no surprise because Alex knew that Ross was like a hound dog after a bone. He wouldn't give up until she was in cuffs at his feet. 

Flicking through, she watched an interview a host was having with the new Captain America, and it brought a smile on her face. Much different from the reaction she had to when she found out Josh Wallaby was the new Captain.