Chapter 57

Alex found Jace in the training room. "Hey blondie!" she chuckled when he looked at her as if she'd just startled him. It was clear she did, but he'd never admit it.

"I got you some stuff to make your stay more comfortable, it's all in your room," She informed.

"You didn't have to do that.." Jace protested, but she cut him off with a wave of her hand as if the topic was non-negotiable. He scoffed lightly.

"Heard you were looking for me, so what's up?"

"Yeah, i missed you," Jace smiled and Alex laughed.

"You saw me this morning,"

He nodded. "I know, but well, these people are strangers, you're not." 

Alex softened and walked over, making a water bottle appear in her hands. When she took a sip, he shook his head.

"What?" her eyes narrowed.

"You throw your magic around pretty effortlessly these days huh?"

Alex shrugged. "If i have it, why not flex it" Jace chuckled. 

"How was the shopping trip?" 

"Great! Bought the whole precinct." At her words they both laughed. "How was your day, what did you end up seeing?"

"It was great. This world is so similar to ours," He paused then continued. "Natasha took me to see central park and some other places in the city. Who would've thought walking down the street and not seeing a werewolf or vampire would feel strange."

"Hah, it's not too bad now, you should've seen it during the 1940's." She re-called how the world looked back then... "Not everyone's nice out there, just a warning Jace."

He lowered his gaze to pick up his towel and head over to the bench seats. She joined him.

"Yeah i noticed. We witnessed two people start a fight over rubbish bins."

At that, Alex snorted lightly. "oh yeah, New Yorker's take rubbish bins very seriously." She mocked a frown, and he barked a laugh.

"well i mean, rubbish is rubbish, use your own bin." he played along and she nodded, nudging him playfully with a smile. There was a beat of silence before he asked her a question.

"Wanna go a round of sparring?"

Alex looked at him with wide eyes. "what? now?"

"Yeah now, when have you ever been one to turn down a training session?" Both his brows raised.

Alex smirked and instantly her clothes changed to training attire, both her seraph blades appeared in her palms, replacing the water bottle. She curled her fingers around the hilts and her magic synched with them, runes lighting up along the blade like a warm greeting.

Standing up, Alex wiggled her brows. "Let's go, pretty boy" she taunted, walking into position opposite him on the mats. They circled each other while Jace gripped his blade tighter, spinning it with his wrist.

"Bring it, Angel baby." he said.

Somehow they'd earned an audience because when Friday alerted Tony of their training session, everyone made it to the gym room.

Shaking his short blonde hair out of his eyes, Jace gestured with a, come here action of his fingers and she swung her blades in the air, circling him with a glare in her gaze.

"Let's see what you've got, firecracker."

Alex stalked towards him and with a twirl, her blades cut along the length of his as they parried. The sound of metal clashing against metal rang through the room. Quickly sheathing her weapons in a criss cross on her back, Alex side stepped and rammed her fist into Jace's arm, sending his blade soaring across the room. Her palm hit his left arm in the same breath knocking it aside, too.