Chapter 24

Arriving at the Hydra base, Alex was forced to walk as Yuri gripped her arm and then shoved her in front, she used muscle memory placing one foot before the other, occasionally stumbling when he'd shove her forwards. Bucky was dragged behind and they all stopped when Pierce met them in the foyer part of the building.

Alexander Pierce. He was Buckys handler for the past two or three decades.

"Yuri!" He greeted them, his gaze fell on Bucky and then Alex, she could see his hazy blue eyes widen at the sight of them, almost as if he was just gifted the best Christmas present in all the realms.

"You found our assets, well done." 

"I did sir." Yuri said proudly, it was clear he was kissing ass. 

"Welcome home soldier," Pierce addressed Bucky. "Take them to the room, you know what to do," He ordered, giving instructions before dismissing Yuri so casually, it gave Alex a slight satisfaction to see Yuri be someones bitch. The men who held Bucky in place dragged him down the hallway while Yuri gripped Alex's arm and leaned in so his breath skimmed her cheek.

"Walk, pet."

She had no choice but to, and when they made it into the room he shoved against one metal beam that was floor to ceiling in height, securing her wrists in shackles that rounded the pillar and locked behind it. They did the same with Bucky to the beam opposite her.

The scent of metallic iron filled her nostrils and she glanced around at the room, it was the same room in which they were tortured in countless times, where they were made to torture each other when they disobeyed. Blood stains still covered the floor and walls, there were no windows and the only light was overhead, dull enough to make it feel gloomy and dark.

When they were secured, the soldiers left the room but two stood guard by the door while Yuri crouched beside Alex. She had slid down to her butt and brought her knees to her chest as she glared at him, when he went to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear she jerked her face away from him.

"You know, if you co-operate, this von't hurt as bad," he said, and she scoffed, venom laced her gritted tone as she spat back her reply.

"For you maybe,"

"Yes well, seeing you hurt does pull on my heart strings, pet."

"Then let me go," she pleaded, and his laugh echoed the room.

"You'd love that wouldn't you."

"Yes i would." She said.

"What, two years of freedom wasn't enough for you, parading around with people who think they are gods," A scoff of disgust followed his words and her eyes widened at the realisation that he'd known all along. Alex raised her chin and spat on his face, she watched his jaw twitch with anger before he wiped her spit from his face.

"Do it again and i'll make you swallow my spit." He growled, gripping her jaw. "That stunt you pulled on the day you escaped, i watched it. Such a disappointment yet equally it was impressive."

Yuri stole a glance over his shoulder at Bucky who tugged on his restraints with a death glare directed straight at the man.

"Poor soldat payed for your defiance that day," A smirk grew on his face when he met her gaze again. "I can see you wondering how i'm not dead yet. So let me fill you in," His grip loosened to that of trailing fingers along her jawline, he smiled when she jerked her head away. His touch only made bile form at the back of her throat, setting her skin burning with a sickening fury.

Yuri stood up, bracing one palm on the beam as he looked down at her. "One powerful key to my youth and existence today is your blood, zweetheart." he said, and Alex kept her face neutral.