Chapter 30

The silence in the room was deafening. The only sound, the video playing softly. I watch as our parents car is forced off the road and crashes into a nearby tree. A motorcycle approaches and stops abruptly. The Winter Soldier...Bucky...gets off the bike as I watch our dad crawl out of the car, begging for help. Oh fuck.

"Help my wife. Please. Help." He coughs, reaching towards Bucky who lifts him up by his hair. Our fathers face was bloody and bruised. "Sergeant Barnes?" Our father asks, his voice weak.

"Howard!" Our mother yells. I feel tears well in my eyes as the video plays in front of our eyes. I bury my head into Steve's chest, unable to watch the rest of the video. Soft sobs leaving my lips. However, Steve is tense as he rests his arm around me. His heart rate elevated. I can hear my mother calling for our father on the video, her voice distressed.

I'm quickly pulled away from Steve as Tony forces me behind him. His face is emotionless as he glares at Bucky and Steve. "Tony..." I whimper softly, confused as to why he pulled me away from Steve. My teary brown eyes met Steve's blue eyes. He looked anxious and almost...scared.

"Tony. It wasn't him." Steve holds his hands out towards Tony. "Did you know?" Tony growls. My eyes widen as I look at Steve. What? "I didn't know it was him."

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did. You. Know?" Tony yelled. I flinched slightly at his raised voice. Steve looks at him before glancing at me. He gives me an apologetic glance before looking back at Tony. "Yes." He whispers. More tears stream down my face as our eyes lock. How could he keep that from me? He knew this whole time. How could Bucky keep it from me? I tear my eyes away from Steve and look at Bucky. "Bucky..."

"Liv, I'm so sorry..." He steps forwards but Tony raises his arm, ready to blast. "Stay away from her!" He yells. Nat, Wanda, and Clint run into the chamber and glance at the four of us. "Tony it wasn't him. You know he had no control over his mind..." Steve tries to reason with him but Tony is too far gone at this point.

"I don't care, he killed my mom." Tony quickly shot a repulsor blast at Steve and Bucky. Steve deflected it with his shield. "TONY STOP!" I screamed, sobs leaving my lips. I didn't know what to even think right now.

"Natasha, get Olivia out of here." Tony says, continuing to shoot blasts at Bucky and/or Steve. Nat runs towards me and tries to pull me away. "No Nat please! Stop him!" I sob. "Liv, we have to go."

"Liv go! Please..." Steve yells, his eyes meeting mine, pleading with me to leave. Nat and Wanda pull me back down the hallway practically kicking and screaming. "Please stop him! He's going to try and hurt them." I sob. "I'll deal with it." Wanda says, running back into the building as Nat, Clint, and Bruce keep me on the jet. Sam and Rhodey land quickly.

"What's going on in there?" Rhodey asks. "Bucky killed Howard and Maria Stark during his time as the Winter Soldier. And Tony is fighting both Cap and Bucky." Nat mumbles. "Oh shit." Sam says. "Olivia?" He kneels down in front of me. Watching my body shake from anger, sadness, confusion...all of the above really. "I know better than anyone that he had no control over his mind...but he killed my mom...my dad..." I sobbed. "And Steve knew! He knew this whole time!" I yelled. "I'm so sorry Livy..." Sam pulls me into a much needed hug and lets me sob into his shoulder.

What feels like hours, though only like 10 to 15 minutes, passes until Tony and Wanda walk out of the building. Steve and Bucky nowhere in sight. My heart drops a little. "Bucky and Steve are gone." Wanda says. "Because you let them leave Maximoff." Tony snaps at her and she shoots a red energy blast at him. "Don't make me knock you on your ass again, Stark." Wanda spits back. The air is thick and tense as Bruce looks over Tony's bruised face.

"Clint, take us home." Tony orders.

"You're not going to leave them here?!" I yell. "It's not up for fucking discussion Olivia!" Tony yells, his eyes dark. "Clint! Now!" Clint quickly gets into the pilot's seat and before the jet can close, Sam quickly flies out of it. "Sam!" Nat yells but he's already flying off. I sob as the jet takes off. My head and my heart conflicted and confused.