Chapter 2

"And you're sure she's safe here Tony?" Pepper looked at Tony with concern. "Yes. I've made sure of it. Whatever is left of Hydra would't be dumb enough to paint a target on an Avenger. They just simply don't have the resources. Though, I have no doubt that they will try." I sigh and give Pepper a small smile, "I thought Fury scrubbed Olivia Stark from every database there was...but it wasn't enough. When Nat leaked all of SHIELD's and Hydra's files...it was all downhill from there."

"Is that when you got Bucky out?" I nodded. "It was now or never. My identity was out there, Hydra was crumbling...We stayed on the run for a bit until Nick finally figured out how to fix his mind." Tony nodded and took a large sip of wine. "And did you two...you know?" "Do you really want me to answer that?" Tony's mouth opened and then shut abruptly as she shook his head again.

I shrugged and looked back at Pepper, "So how's being the CEO of Stark Industries?" "Busy. Especially when I've had to continuously clean up someone's messes..." She glanced at Tony and I laughed a little.

"Why are you looking at me? Is there something on my face." She rolled her eyes at him and took another bite of her food. "Overall, it's been good. So, you going to officially join the team?"

"I told her no, but when does she ever listen to me." I hit Tony's arm and he groans. "I'm perfectly capable of being on the team Tony. You forget who tipped you off to that Hydra base in Sokovia where the scepter was." I smile at Tony and he rolls his eyes. "But anyway, everyone has been welcoming for the most part."

"Except Rogers, been icy since I brought her up. I think he hates the idea of there potentially being two of me."

"Tony, we could not be any more different. For starters, I'm not an asshole." I roll my eyes.

"No, but you are a brat." I hit him on the arm. "Ow! What the hell? It's a fact."

"Maybe he just needs some time to warm up to you." Pepper smiles at me and we continue our conversation over more wine and dessert.

"Pepper, I love you, I'll see you soon." I gave her a warm hug and a kiss on the cheek as Tony and I got into his car. "I'll be home in a bit Pep." Tony gives her a quick kiss before getting into the car and driving us back to the compound.

"I'll be here tomorrow, try not to piss off Rogers...as much as I would love that, I don't want to deal with his complaining." "I'll try. Love you." "Love you too!" I shut the door to Tony's Audi and watched as he pulled off to go home to Pepper. I made my way back into the compound and saw Bucky, Steve, and Sam still at the table playing what I assume is poker. Nat and Clint were sat down on the couch watching some scary movie.

"Liv! Come sit with us!" She shouted. "One sec, let me go change into something more comfortable."

"Or you could just take it all off." I looked over at Bucky who was smirking, "You'd like that wouldn't you." I said back, catching Steve's subtle eye roll at our flirting. I walked out of the living area and into my room, changing into sweats and a black tank top. I plop onto the couch on top of Nat, "what are we watching?" "A Quiet Place." She replies and I move myself off of her and lean into her side, pulling her blanket over my body.

After a few minutes, I wasn't feeling it so I got up and walked over to the three guys. "Deal me in." "No way." Steve scoffed. "What? Afraid you'll be beaten by a girl?" He scoffed again and Bucky pulled out the chair next to him. "You can sit next to me, Liv." I sat down next to him, "so how do I play?"

He smiled at me and explained the rules and the types of hands you could get, although I already knew that..."Ready? If you need help just let me know." I smiled at him and nodded. "Okay, here are your chips." Sam passed me a stack of poker chips after passing him a $100 bill that I found in my leggings pocket. He then dealt out two cards to each of us. "Do you just carry around $100's?" Steve asked. "Yea usually. I try to keep at least 2 in every pants I own. I also sometimes use them as a tissue when I have to sneeze." I joked and he scoffed with an eye roll. "Do you and Tony only ever speak in sarcasm?" "Why? Does it bother you?" I held eye contact with him as he continued. "You know what-"

"Alright, I'm going to start the bet off at $5." Bucky cuts him off and placed a chip in the middle of the table and looks at me. I glance at my two cards, "is it my turn? Okay, I will raise to $10?" I look at him as if to ask if I'm doing the right thing. He nods and I slide two chips into the center, making the pot $15, before looking at Steve. "Call." He slides 2 chips into the center. "Call." Sam slides his chips into the center as well. "Alright, call."

After Bucky slides his chips in, Sam deals 3 cards face up in the center. The Ace of Diamonds, 6 of Clubs, and 8 of Clubs. "Buck what are you going to do?" "I'm gonna check." Sam then deals another card into the center of the table, the Ace of Hearts. All three guys look at me as I look at my cards. "I'll raise, $20." I slide a stack of four chips into the center of the table. Bucky gives me a weird look and looks at Steve. "I'll call." He places his four chips into the center. "Damn. I fold." Sam throws his cards into the center and looks to Bucky after dealing the final 'river' card, the 10 of Clubs.

I give my cards a confused look and see Steve smirk out of the corner of my eye. Perfect.

"Alright...I'll raise $5." "I'll raise $10." I shrug and push chips into the middle. "Raise $20." Steve says.

"Oh hell. I'm out." Bucky places his two cards face down on the table and looks back at me. "All in." "WHAT?!" Bucky yelled. "I don't know, sounds fun." I shrug as I slide the rest of my chips into the center, $50, since Sam had given me $100 to start out with.

"Right because your a Stark money grows on trees I assume. But fine," he shrugs, "I'll match your bet, $50." Steve slides his $50 in chips into the center with a smug look on his face.

"Ladies first." Steve smirked at me and I returned it with my own smirk, "I'd hate to disrespect a senior citizen...but if you insist..." I set my two cards face up onto the table displaying a 7 and 9 of Clubs. "What was one of those winning hands you mentioned earlier Bucky?" I put my finger on my lip, faking thinking, "Oh right. Straight Flush."

I smiled as Steve's face dropped and Bucky and Sam's mouths dropped open. "Holy shit." Bucky mumbled and looked back and forth between Steve and I who were staring at one another. "Go on, let's see your hand, Capsicle." He flips his cards over revealing the final 2 aces, giving him Four of a Kind.

"Oh my god. This did not just happen!" Sam yelled, getting Nat and Clint's attention.

"What's going on? Did she trick you guys and act like she didn't know how to play?" Nat laughs and I throw her a wink. "She's better than Tony, definitely luckier." I clear my throat and look at Steve, our eyes locking. "Good game." He smiles slightly, shaking his head and pushes the chips, worth $220, over towards me.

"I'd like to cash out Sam." "Yea I bet you would." He hands me the money in exchange for the chips and I stand up. I dropped the money in front of Steve and smiled.

"Well it's been real gentleman, but I'm going to bed. Night Nat, Clint!"

"You're not even going to keep this?" Steve yells after me. I spun around and looked at him, walking backwards, "I'm a Stark, money grows on trees...remember." With one last wink, I turned back around towards my room.