😒9) "best friend!"😒

Once they all finished up with their tea and maya and murtasim with their coffee they headed back to the living room to ask for permission to go out to lunch...
Maya: Dad, phupo hum sub lunch ke liey jaa saktey hai?
Mukhtar: beta lunch le liey?
Maya: yes dad! Pleaseee! Mera itna dil charaha hai!
Mukhtar: beta... hum abhi tou aye hain! Phir kabhi chaley jana!

Maya: pleaseee phupo!
Maa begam: chaley na bhai jan! Dede ijazat! bacho ko enjoy karleney de!
Mukhtar: acha... theek hai... laikin jaldi aajana!
Maya: thank you dad! Chalo murtu! Lets go!
She said dragging murtasim outside with the rest of them following behind...
Once they got outside maya went and sat down in the passenger seat of the car...

Tho she felt her ears heat up due to the act
Obviously meerub couldn't drag her out of there now... insted she just took a deep breath and sat in the back trying her best to act unaffected...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

The rest of the car ride was just... great...
With maya asking ten questions a second about Pakistan, haidrabad, the roads and every place she wanted to visit...
Haya: yaar maya tum tou almost har saal aati ho! Phir bhi itney saval?
Maya: aur har saal itney changes jo aajatey hain? Unkey tou savaal puchney hai na!
She said with a wide smile...
Meerub was just gazing out of the window the whole time taking deep breaths as she clutched her duppata tight to control the strange urge to throw maya out of the moving car or jump out herself...

Suddenly the car came to a stop and when meerub looked up she found they were stuck at a red light...
Maya: uff ab idhar kitna time lagey ga murtu?
Murtasim: sabar karey... time tou lagega madem!
He said as meerub rolled her eyes...
Suddenly a young boy selling gajres knocked on the car window...
Murtasim rolled down the window and thanks to meerubs terrable and unlucky faith that day the boy said...
Boy: saab apni biwi ke liey gajrey lele!

YA ALLAH! YE KIS GUNNAH KE SAZA MIL RAHI HAI!!!???
meerub thought as she took a sharp inhale as her eyes grew wide hearing the word "biwi" from him...

She felt her face heat up as she clutched her duppata so tight to the point her knuckles turned white...

Maya: how cute!
She said looking at the boy...
Meerub frantically turned her head towards the window as at this point she was sure everyone would notice the way her face was turning red displaying clear jealousy that she was trying her best not to let out...
Murtasim: uh... tum logo ko gajrey chaiyey?
Mariam: bhai hum sab ke liey lele na!
Maya: han na murtu!
Murtasim: acha 10 dedo...
He said giving the boy some money and taking the gajreys...
He passed them around two for each of them...

Mariam: bhai ye 2 extra kis ke liey?
Murtasim: kiu? Arsal nahi pehney ga?
He said mischievously with a chuckle
Arsal: touba karey murtasim bhai! Aap khud pehnley na!
As they all laughed maya quickly said...
Maya: murtu tum pehnado na! Mujhsey nahi pehney jaa rahe!

Humney tou khud hi pehn liey... pata nahi is ke gajro mein konsa defect hai jo sirf "murtu"
Pehna sakta hai...
Meerub thought biting the inside of her cheek as her ears heated up... doing her best to stay calm as she slid the gajres on...

Murtasim: main?
Maya: han na! Yaad nahi hai pehley bhi jab mujhsey gajre pehney nahi jaatey they tou tum hi pehnaatey they!

Mashallah! tou "murtu" part time gajrey bhi pehnaney ka kam karta hai? Wah Allah mian... kahan phasa dia mujhy...
Meerub thought as she took deep breaths now almost ripping her duppata fidgeting with it as she went back to looking out of the window...
Murtasim took the gajres and quickly slid them on maya as the cars started moving...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

In a car ride that felt like an eternity finally they reached their destination...
It was small but well known restaurant...
They got out of the car and maya automatically grabbed murtasims arm...