Rebellious

Garnet slipped into her form-fitting jeans and sparkly green tank top. She curled her hair and put full makeup on, going all out with smokey eyes and cat-eye liner, even adding a second coat of mascara. She decided on black flats.

She looked in the mirror, knowing she looked good.

Garnet wasn't conceited, but she knew she was pretty. She had extremely long auburn hair that girls said they would kill for everywhere she went. She had a gorgeous complexion, somewhere between fair and medium. Her eyes were a deep green that changed shades depending on what she wore. Tonight her hair hung in loose curls to the small of her back and her eyes were literally the color of emeralds. Her clothes paired with her makeup made her look sexy.

It was a nice change from her typical tights, spandex shorts, and sweat-proof racerback.

She left the bathroom and found Jessica pulling on tall, heeled boots. 

Her short black hair was pin straight, her razored bangs falling just right. Her hair was edgy, just like her ripped jeans, tall black heeled boots, and black leather jacket. Her eye makeup was heavy, her lipstick red. Her olive skin looked stunning against the lipstick.

"Hot," she commented.

"You, too," Garnet countered.

"Ready?" she asked.

Garnet nodded and slipped her phone into one back pocket and her room key into the other.

She cracked the door open, looked both ways, and tiptoed to the stair well. The girls snuck down all eight flights of stairs, quietly walking to the lobby. Garnet made sure her money was in the pocket with the room key and the girls headed determinedly for the revolving doors.

Garnet felt eyes on her and smiled. It was nice to be noticed for something besides her dancing.

And it was nice to be unsupervised for the first time in two weeks.

They made it to the doors and a hand landed on Garnet's arm. She jumped, turning around and glaring at whoever it was that scared her.

Sean.

"What are you doing?" she hissed.

Jessica swore.

"Watching you. What do you think you're doing?" he asked, looking her up and down. "Dressed like that?"

She raised her eyebrows. "What are you implying?"

"You're looking for the wrong kind of attention, Garnet."

"You don't know what the hell I'm looking for," she retorted, pissed off. 

Jessica grabbed her arm. "Okay, calm down. Sean, you can come with us."

She pulled Garnet out the doors.

They stayed a few feet in front of Sean. Garnet's anger was still making her see red when they got to the pizza place.

She would show him looking for the wrong attention.

She took a seat at a tall table for two, crossing her legs and leaning back slightly in her chair. She flipped her hair over her shoulders, letting it hang over her back. Jessica took the seat across from her, a knowing smile on her lips.

Sean sat at a booth in the corner, glaring at her. She smirked at him.

Two guys immediately approached the table.

"You ladies come here often?" the taller one with dark hair asked.

The other one had his eye on Jessica. Garnet decided this one wasn't so bad.

"We're not from here," she said with a flirty smile.

"Oh? Well, this is your lucky night," he said with a grin. "We'll show you what to order."

She grinned back. "Well, pull up a chair."

~

The pizza was placed before them. Garnet took a slice and offered one to Dan. Jessica and Liam were flirting across from them.

She laughed at Dan's lame joke and leaned in, putting a hand on his arm. He smiled, chest inflating, and put a hand on her knee.

She saw Sean tense from the corner of her eye and decided to encourage Dan. She let his hand stay there.

"What do you do?" she asked.

"We work construction. And you ladies?" Liam asked.

"We're dancers," Jessica declared.

The guys looked at them, eyes gleaming.

"Oh?" Dan asked, leaning in even closer.

Garnet winked. "Oh, yes."

She leaned away from Dan and grabbed another slice of pizza. 

They flirted for another hour, then Dan and Liam had to go. Dan kissed her hand and said his good-bye, and Garnet blew him a kiss as he walked away. He pretended to catch it, touching his lips. She waved and the door closed behind them.

She and Jessica bursted out laughing. 

"We made them fall in love with us," Jessica gasped.

Garnet clutched her side. "I know, oh my gosh. Their faces when we said we were dancers, though!"

Jessica wiped her eyes. "I thought they were going to die."

"Nah, they thought they were already in Heaven!"

They dissolved into another fit of giggles.

Sean stormed over to their table, eyes flashing.

"Are you done wrapping grown men around your fingers?" he asked.

"What's it to you?" she countered sassily.

"Do not test me right now, Garnet Thomas." he took a deep breath, releasing it in a huge sigh. "Are you done tormenting innocent men?"

"Yes," Garnet said happily, taking a last sip of her water and hopping down, helping Jessica down from her chair. "We got free pizza. We're happy."

Sean rolled his eyes. "Just do me a favor and don't let guys touch your legs from now on, okay?"

She rolled her eyes right back. "Are you my father or something?"

"If I was, you'd be so dead."

She laughed. His face relaxed into a tired smile and she patted his shoulder.

"Good thing you aren't."

"Very good thing," he agreed, face unreadable. 

She found herself blushing as they snuck back to the hotel.

They came to their rooms, across the hall from each other.

"Look, please don't tell my mom," she begged.

"That's not my place. And besides...I think you deserved some fun."

Unable to help herself, she threw her arms around him. He hugged her back briefly and they broke apart.

His hugs were amazing.

Very amazing.

He cleared his throat. "Good night," he finally said.

"Good night."

They entered their rooms.

"Get you some," Jessica encouraged, flopping on her bed.

"Oh, whatever."

"You guys luuuurve each other!" she argued.

Garnet rolled her eyes. "Sure."

Sean was gorgeous, but he was her bodyguard. He was just doing his job...sadly.

She pushed those thoughts from her mind and made sure to take off all of her makeup- she didn't want her mom to find any traces of it the next morning.