Chapter 22: Exahelm's Ugliness! Sync VS Lucy

Start from the beginning

"Wha-Hey! Get back here!" Lucy flabbergasted. Grumbling to herself, she lowered her arm towards her side and grabbed her usual whip named Fleuve d'étoiles. "Turning your back on the enemy...big mistake girl!" She quipped.

The blonde threw her arm as the whip extended far and wrapped around Sync's right ankle. The young angel flinched and glanced back towards her leg and saw that her ankle was caught. She puffed her cheeks at the blonde and proceeded to try and pull her leg back.

Lucy felt her palms slip slightly on the whip handle and gripped it with both hands tightly. The more Sync pulled, Lucy began to slide forward. "W-w-w-hey! What's with this girl's strength?!" Baffled Lucy as she almost trips.

"Princess, allow me to assist." Virgo requested as she came behind Lucy and grabbed her waist. As the maid began to pull, Sync was now being pulled further away from the opening in the ceiling.

After many attempts of yanking her leg with no result, the girl was losing her patience. "Grr! Fine! You jerks!" Sync growled, grabbing her scythe strapped on her back and immediately flew downward towards the two.

Sync's sudden movement shift caused the two to lose their grip and fall on the ground. Lucy rubbed her bottom and looked away for a brief moment. Once her eyes went back to where Sync was at, the girl was only a couple feet away from her with glowing red eyes. The angel prepared to swing her scythe downward.

Lucy shrieked and quickly scooted back towards the room's closed entrance and nearly avoided Sync's attack. Her scythe cut clean through the ground before she pulled it right out without breaking a sweat. Lucy let out a sigh of relief and stood back up. "Phew...that was close..." The blonde relieved.

Sync twirled her scythe and held it behind her back, the blade pointing downward. "Now that I got a good look at you...you were one of those weirdos who got a ticket from Balrus yesterday!" She recalled.

"Who are you calling a weirdo?!" Lucy gawked.

The pigtailed girl spun her scythe upward and clenched it with both hands, she got on guard and prepared to attack.

Lucy wasted no time and quickly pulled out her Golden Maiden key. "Virgo! Let's go!" She urged as her outfit shined and formed into a maid outfit. "Star Dress: Virgo!"

Sync was caught off guard as her eyes darted between Lucy and Virgo. "Huh?! You have matching outfits now?!"

Virgo raised both her arms. "I'll follow your lead, princess." The maid declared as she and Lucy sank beneath the ground.

The small angel went back on guard and looked below her feet, awaiting when the two came out of the ground. She saw the ground crack a couple feet in front of her as Lucy emerged with Virgo emerging behind Sync. Both of them raised their arms in the air as their hands began to glow yellow.

"Spica! Hole!" The two shout, swinging their arms downward and slamming their palms on the ground. A large hole cracked below Sync's feet, causing the girl to fall right inside it.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhh..." Sync let out an oddly faux cry as she fell deeper and deeper. Lucy and Virgo looked down at the hole. Not shortly after, Sync flew right back up with her arms crossed. "You know that I can fly...right?" She tilted her head.

Lucy froze comically in place and had a blank expression, feeling incredibly embarrassed.

"Princess, it appears that my abilities for this opponent are completely useless." Virgo admitted with a straight face. She bowed at Lucy. "My apologies, but I cannot assist you in this battle." She apologized before vanishing.

"V-VIRGO?! WAIT!" Lucy shrieked.

"Ooohh? The weird pink haired lady vanished?" Sync wondered.

Lucy shot her head back at Sync and scuttled several steps back. She shuffled through her keys, darting her eyes at her opponent. "Well... if she's going to fly..." Lucy mumbled before pulling out another golden key in the shape of an arrow. "Open, Gate of the Archer! Sagittarius!" She summons another spirit as her outfit changes once more to match her spirit's.