32. Moving on

".... Hi.."

Charisma glanced at who had joined her on the balcony overlooking the grounds of the estate. She smiled. "Hey Storm... it's going well in there.."

"I know it is... there is always a first for this family to have one night without someone kicking off." She laughed. "Listen I just wanted to say to you that I am really sorry about what happened to you..

 "Listen I just wanted to say to you that I am really sorry about what happened to you

"It's okay... it's all over now..." she smiled.

"Are you and Keegan gonna be okay?." She asked her.

"I can't see into the future... we're not together anymore... not at the moment, so he's free to do as he pleases with no consequences and I can try to rebuild myself... I'm actually going to Saudi Arabia to work.." she told her. "I leave on Monday..."

"Oh wow... how long for?.."

"However long it takes.." she said.

"Well, auntie.. I wish you all the best..."

"thank you.." Charisma said as Storm gave her a huge hug and then walked back inside.
Charisma continued to look out over the estate grounds.

"You're going where?.." Arlen said as he had over heard and approached his mother.

"Arlen... I'm going to tell all of you..

"You can't go there it is a dangerous place... especially for a woman.." he said.

"I'm a grown up... I also know how to use a gun... baby boy, every where is dangerous it's how you deal with it that matters..." she told him.

"Is this the real reason that you're walking out on dad

"Is this the real reason that you're walking out on dad..."

"No, and it's not walking out Arlen it is called starting my journey, my life... learning something new and being free to do that for just a while..." she told him.

"He's gonna break without you, you know that don't you... just as he gets his diagnosis and he's gotten rid of Yasmin... who was helped by Angel by the way to end you and dad... you then decide to set him back even further...

"I'm not responsible for him, he is a grown man!.." Charisma said. "He has his own mind... tell me Arlen, why the sudden change... when you were younger you hated us together...

"I just want you to be happy mom, and I know deep down you're not... not without him..."

"And if that is truly the case, I'll find him again.." she said and gave her son a hug.

————

Keegan sat in his car on the drive of the estate. He had been quiet since he had spoken to Charisma.
It wasn't very often that he cried, but as he sat and the realisation set in that she had left him, he looked at the ring in his hand and the tears fell, he couldn't stop them.

She was all he lived for, but he knew there was only so much more she could take. He held his hands up, his father was right. He had manipulated her for years, controlled the dynamics of their relationship and her. Sometimes subtly others times not so much.

Now he felt empty inside, he didn't know what to say or do which was a first for him.
Angel never really cared about his wife and his daughters, he had barely seen them after he took up with Venice. Maria had been planted on Keegan, Gina had been planted on Keegan.

Keegan wiped his eyes, he put his head back on the headrest. He closed his eyes and all he could see was Charisma, her beauty, her soft and warm soul, the way they made love, her body on him and him inside her.
He slammed his hands on the steering wheel over and over and he yelled as if he was in pain.

He looked back at the estate, the party was lively and everyone was happy.
He wasn't, everyone had wanted him to get his comeuppance and now he had, through no fault of his own.

He put his key in the ignition, and took off away from them all.

—————-

The party came to an end around 1am. The kids gave Charisma a hug as they left to head home.

Lani hung back a little. "Has anyone seen dad?.." she asked.

"I don't know it was so busy in there.. he's in there somewhere.." Venice said.

Lani felt lost, she had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that she just couldn't shake. "He's not okay..."

"What do you mean?.." Venice asked her.

"He is so, so sad right now..." she told her. "I can't feel it.."

"I'll try and call him when we get home.." Venice said.

Charisma watched the kids leave. She would be flying out to Saudi soon, she didn't know when she would come back. She saw a text come through ti her cell.

Keegan
I'm sorry. You'll never know how much, I can't begin to tell you. you are the last person in the world that I ever wanted to cause as much pain as I have. Don't let anyone tell you that you're not beautiful, and you're not successful. Because you are, you are all that and so much more. I am so sorry that I couldn't be the man that you needed, I am a fool and I have lost the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. Stay safe baby girl, make sure you surround yo self with people that can protect you and look after you because you're special and you need it. I will never, ever forget you and all of the years we've been together and what that means to me you will never know. I don't want to go away with you thinking that I wanted anyone else over you, that could never be the truth. You are and were my everything. I am so sorry that I was not able to show you my true feelings. That is something that I need to work on, because deep down inside you hold my heart, it belongs to you and no one else. I will never love anyone as much as I love you ever again in my entire life.

Charisma wiped her tears as she read his message. Knowing she was moving on to pastures new.

This is the end of book 1 in the Queens of the Game series. Book 2 will be up shortly

How does business in Saudi treat Charisma?

Will Keegan change?

Who will be loving who in this next book?

Aldo and his cousin become the next biggest threat to Apache and the Taylor mafia.

This and much more.....