16. Unexpected

".... So you're going back to Canada?." Nash asked Charisma.

She looked at the menu as she sat opposite him in the restaurant. "To be near my kids..." she said not looking him in the eye as she already knew what his face would be saying.

"Put the menu down and look at me...
She did.
"Are you getting back with him. After everything?.."

"I wanted to take it really slowly, I haven't said anything to him, about us being together yet all I've said is that we will work things out, date here and there not live together and see how we both feel at the end of that

"I wanted to take it really slowly, I haven't said anything to him, about us being together yet all I've said is that we will work things out, date here and there not live together and see how we both feel at the end of that..."

Nash shook his head. " Why can't you say no to him? What is it that he has over you... How many more times does this man have to prove to you that you mean nothing to him... He sleeps around on you, and he's quite open in telling you that... He almost killed you, and that's not for the first time either, and I don't give a fuck if he was under the influence of someone else or some other medication he shouldn't have been on... He still did that... I care about you, I care about yo welfare, yo health, yo mental health... You know why, because I love you.... And that is what love is, if you think he loves you then you have a very warped understanding of what love means.."

"Nash...

"No, I'm a need you to hear me out... I wanna see you live and prosper I want you to be more than he allows you to be... the divorce papers are already signed between the two of you... So just keep it that way file those damn papers girl, you will always have history because you have kids together.... but that doesn't mean that you have to be together" he paused. "Charisma, I love you... so let me love you..." he looked her dead in the eye. "I want to marry you...

Charisma just stared at him across the table. She didn't know what to say. She was so shocked hearing that.

"I have to shoot my shot with the woman I love... I'm not getting any younger but I do know I would give you the world... you are the most beautiful woman I've ever had the pleasure of meeting... please let me show you true love... you've never ever had it but you are one in a million and you deserve it..." he told her honestly.
He then went into his pocket and produced a small box. He opened it.

"Nash what are you doing!.." she said.

He got down on one knee and everyone in the restaurant stared and cooed. "Charisma.. would you please do me the honour of becoming my wife..."

Charisma held her head in her hands. She couldn't believe this was happening.

"Uncle Nash?.." Storm said as she walked into the restaurant with Sully and saw him on one knew work the ring in a box that he held out to Charisma.
"What are you doing?..." she added and she looked at Charisma. "Are you both for real?.."

Charisma got up. "I need to get outta here.." she shook her head and walked outside. She stood against the wall and wanted the ground to swallow her whole.

—————

Keegan looked to the door and saw Jenson walking in just as he was about to leave his sleeping mother's side. "I didn't think I would see you here with Ellie..." Jenson said.

" I just needed time to think things through, and she's actually quite wise... I was hoping to talk to her but she is slipping further and further away..."

"We're lucky to find her... If it wasn't for Drea, we wouldn't of known where she was, and what Yasmin had been doing to her this whole time.." he looked at his son. "But I am here if you ever need to talk... I'm a parent to, and I know I may not of been there for you in the past, but I'm here now..."

Keegan looked at him

Keegan looked at him. " charisma is moving back to Canada... But not with me, she doesn't want to live with me and I get it... I just feel like I'm losing her, I'm not stupid. I know there are only so many times someone will take you back for the shit that you do... I'm not living in a cloud and fairyland... I just don't know what to do to make it right this time... I'm under no illusion that it could be too late..." he told him honestly.

"you have done some terrible things to that woman and she has stuck by yo side... I wanted to hurt you so many times for what you had done to her... I also see how much you love her, and I think if you give her time and you keep working on yo medication and you allow her the space that she needs to heal... you will make yo way back to each other... Her moving back to Canada is a good step, it's a first step and that is what you need to keep hold of....
He stopped talking as his cell phone rang. He picked it up, and he could see it was an incoming call from Storm. He put it on speaker.
"Storm what's up?."

"did you know about uncle Nash?"

Jenson frowned as did Keegan. "Know what?." Jensen answered.

"Oh my God! He just got down on one knee in Carluccio's and proposed... To Charisma....

Jensen looked at Keegan, Keegan's eyes darkened, and he clenched his fists and grind his jaw.

"he did it in front of everyone..."
She continued as Jensen suddenly took the call off of speaker.

" I'll call you back..." He said and ended the call. He stood in front of his son. "I had absolutely no idea... This is unexpected, but don't do anything rash, because it will backfire on you... We don't even know what Charisma has said, or if she even knew this was coming... So calm yo self down before you even think about doing what I know is going through yo head right now...."

"he proposed to her because he knew the papers were signed... He's trying to force her into filing them, so she can be with him... He has always wanted her and all of you have allowed it to continue... You talk about me, giving her space... He is everywhere she goes, but he just plays it differently none of you see it... He controls her more than I ever have, but not one of you see it ...including her..."
Keegan pushed past his father, and then turned and looked at him. "When are y'all gonna stop fucking with me, I just want my wife and my family and my business, and I just want to be left alone in peace....

As soon as he left, Jensen picked up the phone to call Nash....

————-

Charisma just stood away from the restaurant. She was confused, she thought that her and Nash had a great relationship as friends, now she felt as though he had lied to her to keep her close. She walked across to her car and got in, she wanted to go and pack and get back to Canada. The sooner she could to be near her kids the better because right now her head was spinning......