4. Pain

"..... where is she?.."
Josh asked again.

"Uncle Josh.. a man took her away....

Josh felt sick. "Wait.. what?..."

"Nana Yasmin didn't like her very much... she picked on her all the time... yelled in her face and locked her in the cupboard downstairs..." Valentina said. " She didn't like her because she told us that she was different to the rest of us... Because her skin was lighter than ours and her hair was a different colour and her eyes...."

Charisma grabbed Josh's arm as she saw him clench his fists.

"A man came to the house a couple of days ago.. nana Yasmin...

"Stop calling her that!." Josh snapped.

Charisma looked at him

Charisma looked at him. "I know you are beside yourself right now... but don't yell at the kids they have been through an ordeal too..." she looked at Valentina. "Carry on baby girl.. tell us about the man..."

"She gave him a bag of money.. And he left with Mika in the back of his truck... his name was Mr Daney...."

Josh racked his brains as did the others. But no one knew someone by the name of Daney.

Charisma felt sick. She also wanted to cry right now. Mika was the smallest and the youngest and the most inquisitive lil one of all of them. She was full of love and her smile lit up a room. She was also the friendliest, happy go lucky child and she felt terrified for her.

"If he's a trafficker...

"Don't say that mom...

"We need to face facts here Josh... if he is a trafficker ... we need to ask in those circles.. starting with two of our own who were very much involved in that shit a while back.."

Josh looked at her. "Keane and Keegan.."

Charisma nodded. "Time to get Keegan shipped out of the hold and here to do the right thing for once in his life... and let Keane to tell us all that he knows too..."

Jayrah ran to her daddy and jumped in his arms as Julian FaceTimed Lani so that she could see her baby was fine. Amie was scooped up into Lamar's arms as he hugged the life out of his baby girl. Valentina ran to Venice who had come along as she was a boss in her own right.

"Thank you mom.." Venice said. "For finding them..

"I would go to hell and back for these kids... as I would all of you..." she looked back at Josh. "If only I was a couple of days earlier.."

She walked down the stairs giving orders to the soldiers. They needed people posted up here now to wait for Yasmin. As she got to the bottom, she stopped talking and swallowed hard. Her stomach churned, as she came face to face with Keegan.
Marlon, Anton and Wesley watched as he slowly walked over to her.

Charisma just looked into his eyes, she didn't want to see the vacant darkness that she did that day.
"You did well today... how did you even know?..."