21: logan

My French sucks. Hunter is a really shit teacher because every time he tries to explain why something is different in different contexts. He starts to explain and then he gets confused and he's all like 'this is just how you say it.' It's frustrating and even more frustrating because of how stupid hot he is when he speaks the language with a perfect accent.

I call his number and put the phone on speaker so I can finish packing. I think I'm definitely over packing, but Hunter has failed to give me an itinerary beyond 'whatever I want to do' which is so not very helpful. It's also very last second, but I'm a procrastinator when it comes to this.

"Hey Logan, I'm going to leave my place in a little bit to come get you. You're not calling to back out, right?" He actually sounds a little nervous which makes me feel better because I'm nervous.

"What do I need to bring clothes wise?" I ask, turning to look at my closet that is an absolute mess right now.

"Um well as much as I would appreciate the view, I'm not sure my family would love to see you naked the entire time so literally anything that covers everything?" Hunter says, giving me the most boy answer ever.

"You are impossible." I retort, "Is there anything important going on so I'm not entirely out of place?" Hunter falls quiet and I sigh exasperatedly, "Hunt, I swear to god can you just tell me—"

"Well my brother got engaged so we'll probably celebrate that if you want to bring a dress or something." He mumbles and my jaw drops. I could strangle him. How is this not something he could have mentioned before now?

I pinch my nose, taking a moment to think before reacting. He's finally doing what I asked him to explicitly say so I can't get mad at him. "Okay. Thank you."

"Great, see you soon." He says, hanging up abruptly.

I stare at my closet before walking out of my room and into the living room where Isabel and Remi are watching a movie. "Guys, I have an emergency."

Remi rolls her eyes, "What? That you're about to join the mile high club with the sexiest man? I feel horrible for you."

"Ditto." Isabel throws some popcorn in her mouth.

"I never should have told you guys we had sex. That's probably not going to happen again anyway. This is an actual emergency guys. Hunter just told me that there's an engagement party we'll be going to!" I throw my hands in the air and Remi laughs at my reaction.

"God, he's such a boy. Maybe I do feel horrible for you."

"I'm freaking out! I have no idea what to wear and now I'm really going to be intruding on family affairs and ugh!" I want to stomp my foot like a little kid.

Isabel stands up, setting her popcorn down, "It's not the end of the world, we will look through our closets to get you a dress. We have time."

"We have twenty minutes." I correct and they both spring into action.

Their closets quickly look like mine, colorful clothes thrown everywhere. "What about this one?" Remi asks, holding up a dress that looks like the right thing to wear to the club.

"I think his sister has kids and I don't want to flash anyone incase I bend over."

Isabel darts into her room and comes running back with a pale green midi dress, "This! Then you'll match his eyes."

I look at her weirdly, "That is oddly specific, but it's kind of perfect, thank you!"

I fold it quickly and add it into my suitcase as my friends follow me into my room. "So why do you say that sex won't happen between you guys again? I thought it was awesome."