10: hunter

I scowl at Grant, "Can you tell your boyfriend to chill out?"

"I'm not going to tell Finn to do anything. He makes his own decisions." He replies, scrolling on his phone.

"He's hanging out with Logan." That is a sentence I never thought I would say.

"Good for him."

Grant has been acting this way the entire trip. I get he's still mad about how I reacted to the news about the dog, but I let her stay. I'm not exactly thrilled with him either, but I'm not icing him out completely.

"Really? That's what you have to say about Logan stalking me and finding out where we live?" I bait him, waiting to get some sort of reaction out of Grant besides indifference. I'm actually kind of impressed that Logan was able to track it down, but I don't love the way she did it. I don't think I've slept with that many women on campus that it's that easy to find out where I live. She's resourceful that's for sure.

Grant looks up at me, "Dude, she's not stalking you. The world doesn't revolve around you."

Ouch.

"G, how many more times am I going to have to apologize before you let it go?" I ask tiredly, the conversation with Finn and Logan sapped my energy levels and now this?

"I heard your apology, but I'm not ready to accept it." Grant says stubbornly.

"Are you guys still arguing?" JJ asks, entering the common room of the hotel my parents booked for everyone, confidently wearing some sort of backpack with his child in it. Kudos to him, he looks like an idiot.

"I've tried apologizing," I add in and Ash makes some sort of gurgle, grabbing at JJ's chin.

"It wasn't a very good one." Grant mumbles and JJ rolls his eyes.

"Guys, it's the Super Bowl. I would love it if everyone were on the same hype level as me. I mean I am one of the best wide receivers in the league. Hunt, you should consider yourself lucky that we played together." JJ says and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You're my brother?"

"So? I'm still a legend."

I look over at Grant to see if he's buying JJ's bullshit, but all I see are the stars in his eyes as he looks at JJ. Nudging him with his foot, I ignore the blatantly obvious crush Grant has on my brother. "And you're still annoying."

He covers Ash's ears immediately. "You can't say that in front of Ash. I have a reputation to uphold."

"Why can't you just be normal?" I ask, wondering what the hell I did to deserve this egomaniac for a brother? I guess I prefer this to him telling me all about his sex life.

"Because that's boring. Get over it." JJ snorts as Kaitlyn and Marley walk in next. I can't help that my attention goes straight to Kait. It's a reflex, even after being broken up for years. In that moment, a pang hits my chest, scrounging up the feelings I've done my very best to ignore and shove to the back of my mind. They're not romantic feelings, but instead the ones that linger after the loss of a best friend. JJ, whether he chooses to or is blissfully ignoring my frozen silence, continues speaking. "So what exactly are you two arguing about? You haven't said."

I can feel Kaitlyn's eyes on me and I avoid them at all costs, opting to look at the table in front of me. "He came home in a pissy attitude after a study date with Logan, and then he got mad at me because I got a dog. Which I would like to add is something that we have previously discussed getting and he never said no."

"Wait, who is Logan and why are we going on a study date with him? And why on earth would you ever say no to a dog? You love them." JJ interjects and I glare at Grant because JJ's like a dog chasing a bone. He won't give up now that she's been mentioned, even if he thinks she is a he.