"Get your hands off them!" Suddenly, a strong gust blew at our direction and I saw a guy standing on top of the flame I froze. Then I heard Rage shrieked in pain and saw his hands covered in blade wounds. As soon as he let go of Hale's leg, I pulled him up once more and this time, a gentle breeze enveloped us and took us at the top of the frozen flame. Right after that, the ground around Rage's body collapsed and is slowly sinking. Then an arm appeared below the ground and locked Rage's neck.

"Sink in hell!" Then Geo appeared from the ground and dragged Rage below. The earth quickly covered that sinkhole and it looks like nothing had happened at that spot. After a few seconds, the ground trembled again and the covered sinkhole exploded with fragmented rocks, water, vines...and blood.

The...the plan succeeded.

"Where's my thank you?" Gust suddenly said after the explosion and he smirked at me. If he didn't pulled us up, we would be caught in that sinkhole together with Rage and I don't know if we could survive that.

"Find it somewhere else." I replied since I got irritated with his smirk.

"Cold as ice, I see. We are really the embodiment of our attributes." Yeah, right. He's so cocky it felt like I'd be blown away every time he says something.

"But thanks for saving Gemma a while ago." And for helping us, but I won't say that in front of his face.

"Ah. Actually, that's my personal decision. Saving that girl, I mean."

But really, Hale's plan was a huge success. I can't believe it.

"W-would you still f-freeze me to death?" Hale said while clutching his burnt arm. He's sweating so much and his complexion was paler than before.

"Hmp. Not now."

Geo emerged from the broken ground while carrying Galene and Clove. Gust slashed his sword towards them and a gentle breeze took them here. Galene and Clove both panted heavily and collapsed beside Hale.

"Akala ko mamamatay ako sa ilalim! You're a few seconds late!" Galene glared at Geo while breathing deeply.

"Buti na lang nagkaroon tayo ng kaunting oxygen dahil sa plants ko," Clove added. I don't really know her but I heard her talking to Gemma a while ago and I knew she has a Plant attribute.

"But seriously, that was an outrageous plan! Pasalamat ka at nakapag-isip kaagad kami ng way para isagawa 'yun." Galene was really enraged but Hale just smiled weakly.

"H-hindi naman na siya makakalabas doon, 'di ba?" he asked.

"Im pretty sure of it. That hole is twenty meters below the ground and I made sure that the surrounding earth is as hard as the bedrock."

"And I covered his body with poisonous vines. If he tried to burn them, the fumes would kill him instantly."

"And don't forget that he's inside my water prison. He can try but I bet he won't get out of there."

These people are really strong and formidable.

When Hale explained his plan to me a while ago, I was really astonished and annoyed at the same time. He said he hatched a plan with Gust, Galene and Geo while we're escaping the War of Best and he excluded me because of my temper and lack of focus. He also told it to Clove when we arrived here to increase the rate of success.

The plan was to guide Rage into the sinkhole made by Geo and Galene. I don't know the science behind it but he said it can be produced by dissolving and collapsing the surface and middle layers of the ground. They picked the location but it takes time to produce it so we need to fight him until it's made. They also included poisonous plants from Clove to make sure Rage can't get out of there and Gust would send the breeze to all of us. The earthquake was the signal that they finished the hole. Hale told me to freeze the flame so that we'll have a place to stay if the ground started to collapse. And that's how the plan went.

We were about to jump off the frozen flame but the entire area was suddenly enveloped by huge and blazing flames. I thought it was Rage's doing but I heard a booming voice from the direction of the government mansion.

"Don't underestimate my fire, brat."

I saw Pierre glaring at Winter and I suddenly remembered the day he killed our parents. I felt enraged and was about to run to their direction but someone pulled me back.

"Don't go." Hale yanked my arm and I felt a heavy pressure.

"Let me go! I need to help—"

"You're just going to be a hindrance." I stopped resisting when I heard that. This bastard... "Magtiwala ka sa kanya. Sa tingin mo ba magiging head siya ng rebellion kung hindi niya kayang talunin si Pierre?"

I already know that she's strong but...but I'm scared. I don't want her to get hurt or die by his hands. I don't want to lose my only family left.

"Trust your sister." I breathed deeply and nodded.

'Don't die, please...' I said while looking at her back and hoping that she'll win her fight.

'I won't. I promise.'

"And don't underestimate my ice, Pierre. It may cost you your life." Then all of a sudden, the flame surrounding the White Division was frozen and shattered into fragments.

***