Chapter 5 Part 3- The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

Start from the beginning

"... I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

"Jeez, you don't gotta crrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy about it." Someone said. I quickly turned around, nearly falling backwards as I did. It was Ressa.

"W- where... did Kawata go?" I asked.

"He walked away a couple of seconds ago." Ressa responded. He chuckled again. "But man, I can't believe you're crying over that thing!" He walked over, and kicked the head, which made a large clunking song when he hit it.

"... I..." I started, standing up. I closed my mouth. I couldn't find the words.

"Lemme guess, Araigu was the one triggering the blackouts, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?" Ressa laughed. I paused.

"I thought you said there weren't any blackouts." I replied. Ressa stopped, glairng at me.

"Don't get cute with me." Ressa barked. "And even if there was a blackout, it wouldn't be my fault because I'm very competent, and don't need anyone else to help me run a killing game." I frowned, looking back at the head of the body.

"... I guess you win..." I said.

"Huh?" He blurted out. "Ooohhhhhhhhhhh!" He started to laugh. "Why thank you! I really appreciate you giving up!" He chuckled. "But you knoooooooooow, you can still get out of here alive!" Ressa laughed. "All you gotta do is kill somebody!"

"I..." I started to speak, before quickly stopping. I had to play out this conversation well. I might be able to get some information out of him.

"I'm actually really angry with you. You had the perfect opportunity to kill Yamazaki, and you just decided to RUN AWAY!!!" He yelled.

"... yeah... I did." I said.

"You should be more like me Hirano! I have the bloodlust of a, a..." Ressa paused. "... something!" He laughed.

"... I have a question." I replied. He chuckled.

"Don't know if I'll answer it, but you can hit me with the question." Ressa laughed. I took a deep breath.

"Is it really bloodlust?" I asked. Ressa stared blankly.

"What?" He blurted out.

"Araigu isn't really... a living being. So... it can't really be bloodlust?" I replied.

"Are you saying that we aren't alive!?" Ressa asked.

"Well uh... I guess I am?" I responded. He stamped one of his feet on the ground.

"How. Dare. You!" He snapped. He took a deep breath, jumping over onto the fountain. "I'll have you know, I'm a VERY sophisticated AI system. I feel very REAL emotions. I'm in control!"

"... oh really?" I asked. He glared at me.

"Yes." He replied.

"Do you even remember anything? Or gather information." I responded.

"Yes, I remember everything." He said. "There's a small chip in my head that gathers all the information and then stores it in the cloud, along with aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll of my programs. I don't know how they get it INTO the cloud, but that probably doesn't even MATTER!!!" He smiled. "So, I remember every little thing that happens. If I get destroyed, I remember everything that happened." He laughed.

"I'm a bit curious about something." I replied. He paused, turning to me.

"What do you want?" He groaned.

"Did you really know about the morgue for so long?" I asked.

"Well, whatever makes you the most melancholic." He said. "Actually, do you really wanna know the truth?" He made a mischievous smile, as if he'd just got the perfect chance to get back at someone. "I knew something was going on in the morgue. I was going to check eventually." He snickered. "But one of your friends told me about it. That's how I knew where Araigu was." My eyes went wide.