what their family thinks of you ✦

dt all you pretty souls! ily all.

belly: you'd meet laurel first, and i feel like you and belly would have been childhood best friends, and you'd always come over to her house so you and laurel knew each other early on. shed love how easily you two got along and she loved how you two just acted like you were meant to be and you made each other smile so easily. Mr. Conklin would meet you a lot later when he was visiting everyone in cousins beach, and at first he'd be skeptical but he would quickly appreciate how sweet and respectful you were to her and how much she loved you, he'd grow fond of you and enjoy spending time with you as well. Steven wouldn't really care as long as you would keep belly happy and you didn't break her heart.

conrad: how i imagine it, you and belly would be best friends/siblings and you'd come to cousins and meet susannah there, and she would immediately become like a second mother to you. she would always tell you how she couldn't wait for you and conrad to get married and she would spoil you with so so many gifts. you'd meet Mr. Fisher on the fourth of July, and at first he wouldn't even realize you and conrad were dating until he saw you two always sat together etc, he wouldn't care that much since he'd prefer jeremiah, but he'd be glad conrad finally stopped being so moody when he was around you. i think jeremiah would be really happy for you two, since, like mr fisher, he was glad conrad stopped being so annoyingly grumpy all the time.

jeremiah: susannah would have known you since you and jeremiah were born assuming you're laurel's daughter, and shes always told you how you and jeremiah would look so cute together so when you two finally announced it to her she gave you a smirk and said "told you." mr.fisher would definitely be really proud of jeremiah and he'd be glad to find someone who can actually "cope with his constant excitement and happiness." and he would definitely ask you a lot of questions about what jeremiah is like to date. conrad would definitely not change too much he'd just tell jeremiah congrats and ask if you were going to be coming to family events from how on ( he wouldn't admit it, but dinner was less awkward with you around, since you were really good at conversations.)

steven: i think laurel would be really happy that steven finally found someone, since she thought he'd never find someone to like him. i think Mr. Conklin would make a lot of random jokes about how you took him and steven's dad and son time away, and steven would get annoyed and remind him about how he's going to college in a while. belly would definitely become such close friends with you and she would ask you every day if you and steven ever broke up that you two would stay friends, and every day you'd tell her "always." she would definitely steal you away from steven a lot which he hated but then he got to spend time with conrad and jeremiah if you two were at the summer house, or some of his other friends.

taylor: i don't recall what Taylor's family is like, if we even see them, but i think her parents wouldn't care about who she dates, since she knew exactly what she wanted, and she was usually the one in control in relationships, so they wouldn't be worried about you breaking her heart. her mom would ask if they'd see you around a lot, which you had no idea, and her little sister wouldn't really care about you unless you hung out with her, which taylor wouldn't like but also she found it cute how you two would get along so well. 

cam: i think his parents would be so so thrilled to hear that cam found someone and they'd be so happy to finally meet you. they would definitely be the type of parents to ask way too many questions about how you two met, where you're going for college, what you do etc. they'd be really soft when they'd hear how you talk about cam and how much you love him. i feel like they would not baby him but he'd be a mamma's boy i think is what its called, like he'd have really good relationships with his parents so he would find it important that you three had a good relationship. then depending on when you two met, his sister would love you and shed constantly tease you about how cute you two would be together, and cam would say how proud shed be that you two are dating now.

shayla: i think you'd meet her parents when you two took a trip to london so she could attend a red carpet and then shed bring you to meet her parents. her mom would just talk about how shayla was a fashion designer since she was seven years old, and her dad would simply agree with everything she says. the book and show doesn't mention shayla having any siblings but if she did i think they'd love hanging out with you and when shayla was busy with work you'd always find time to hang out with them and watch a movie together.

convinced this is the world's longest preference chapter, but oh well, this one took so long so please leave feedback in the comments and vote if you enjoyed! i love u all so so much and you're so loved and worthy! mwahhh!

x, rai