26: Kid?

Technoblade came back up, wearing Quackity's netherite, and crouching beside me, my peripheral vision darkened, and I could barely focus on his concerned face. He picked me up and rested me on top of Carl, before taking out a lead and pulling us both down the tunnel.

The tunnel led to the sewers, and I could barely keep my eyes open, my head was so fuzzy. Techno ran as fast as he could down the sewers, and I closed my eyes as one thought pierced my brain, how did he know where we were going?

...

..

...Was it... Raining? No...

It was, snowing, and I was on Carl, with his shiny horse armor, and Technoblade was there.

Technoblade was good, that meant everything was ok, and I could go back to sleep. I raised my head a bit, and saw him standing there talking to himself, talking about how beautiful his house was.

He held got back on Carl as I dropped my head back down, too much energy needed to pay attention, I just wanted to sleep, and wake up in the morning, and maybe eat some toast.

Mmm, Toast.

I closed my eyes, ready to sleep again, before Techno started screaming, and I grumbled as he put Carl in his stable. I lifted my head again to look at Techno, he just kept screaming, before looking at me, "Heh?! You're awake?! Get inside and use a potion!"

He just stared, before looking inside his house, and following someone out. He didn't even close the doors as he followed, and I carefully slipped off Carl, almost falling over as I grabbed the fences to stay upright. I patted Carl's about before exiting the pen.

There were two choices, I could either go and see what Techno was up too, or go inside where it was warm and I could steal a health potion.

One option was definitely better than the other, and I walked into the house, I made sure to close the doors before climbing the ladder and grimacing. I put my hand up to my head again, and walked to the potion chest, searching for something that would help.

I found and uncorked a regeneration potion, drinking it slowly, and I instantly felt better, I rubbed my head and only came away with some dried blood. That cut would probably leave a scar.

I sighed and leaned against the chests, when all of the sudden the doors opened and a screaming kid charged inside, followed by a yelling Technoblade.

Once Technoblade closed the door, the kid turned over to Techno, taking a glance at me before speaking with a British accent, "You can't kill me, so stop trying to act all big and hardy."

I raised an eyebrow as Techno held up his pickaxe, immediately responding, "I feel like I actually really can kill you."

The kid ran over to me, pushing me aside to open and search through the chests behind me as he started to speak again, "Yeah well I have.."

He got a grasp on a spark flint and steel, and stepped back towards a yelling Techno, "Its not what you have, it's what I have."

Mid sentence, the kid struck the flint and steel under Techno, and Technoblade panicked, putting out the fire and yelling about his house being made of wood.

The kid walked over to Techno, put a hand on his shoulder, and spoke, "I say we call it, our house."

He walked to the doors and opened them, loudly exclaiming, "And these guy's house."

"WHY'RE YOU LETTING THEM IN?!" Technoblade yelled as two zombies and a spider immediately burst in, and he ran to kill them before they could do anything.

The kid was getting owned by the spider, and made the rational decision to ask, with a sword in his hand, "Hey who are these guys downstairs, and who's that?"

He pointed to me as Techno calmly responded, "Oh that's my village, and that's Thanatos."

I have a wave, not saying anything due to my headache. I could only imagine what I looked like, a complete stranger with a blood covered head.

The spider kept attacking the kid, and right as he killed it using the diamond sword he had, his netherite leggings broke. At the same time, he and Technoblade murmured,

"Oh, my pants-"

"Your pants just broke."

Out of nowhere, the kid pulled out a pair of oversized enchanted diamond pants and put them on, commenting loudly, "Don't worry I found these in the closet!"

Technoblade, exasperated, commented, "Bro Tommy give me back my pants, give me back my stuff."

Tommy, that was his name, better than calling him the kid. He loaded a crossbow and aimed it at Techno, "No."

Techno took out a golden carrot and ate it, following Tommy down the ladder. And I just stood there like a statue, watching the entire thing.

I was extremely drowsy, and instead of following the two into the basement, I instead climbed the ladder and sat on my couch.

The blankets were still strewn everywhere from when Technoblade woke me up. Gosh, so much had happened in the past few days.

I put a hand up to my face, they'd seen it, they'd seen the burns and the gnarled flesh. I turned to face the glass windows and I saw my face.

My eyes, my hair, my nose, it was fine. All except for the gigantic eye bags, my face was normal. I peeled away my gloves and looked at my hands. My left, normal, and my right, covered in burnt red flesh.

So it hadn't left, but they hadn't seen, and I was safe.

I pulled my gloves back on and laid down. Only lifting my head when Techno appeared up the ladder.

I titled my head, and he explained, "Tommy went to sleep in the middle of our conversation, I thought I should check on you."

I nodded and sat up, sighing before speaking, "It's been a long day y'know? I just want to sleep."

I chuckled a bit, and Technoblade spoke, "You know I'm confused about something. In all of the chaos, you were chained to a chair, and all of the sudden you were on the stairs, how did you get out?"

I froze, he noticed that? I thought he forgot it in all of the chaos, no one else had noticed right? Except maybe Phil..

Phil! He was still trapped there! We had to help him, he couldn't be stuck there if they knew he helped us.

Oh right, Techno asked me a question, I took a moment before responding, "I uh, I was cut free by one of the rogue axe swings, and I ran up to try and help you before the totem exploded and I was flown back."

A half lie, half truth, he could sense my hesitation, so he just nodded, and murmured, "Alright, goodnight." He walked to the fore to his room, and before walking in, he commented, "This is the first time I've seen your face, you look good without the mask."

It was a quiet sentence, I could barely hear it. I didn't have any time to respond as he walked in his room and closed the door. I could feel my cheeks warm as I laid down and closed my eyes.

Phil would have to wait a little bit longer.