24: Anvil

And that's how I ended up soaking wet, getting yelled at, and slapped a couple times.

Turns out swimming is hard when your hands are bound. And having another person dive in after to 'save' you, was hilarious.

I just wanted to go back to bed, could this have happened on any other day, when I'd had adequate rest?

Sure the slapping stung a little, and it was amusing to see the panic of these people, but everything soon calmed down and all that could be heard was the rowing of boats.

I shook my head around, trying to get my hair to dry at least a little bit, maybe I shouldn't have done that, it was fun to see the chaos, by usually it wasn't me who was causing it.

Oh I was a follower, not a leader, tell me to do something and I'd do it with no questions asked.

We soon arrived at a port, a wooden dock connected to some other buildings, leading straight to the open water, the sun had set as we crossed the ocean, and crickets could be heard chirping around.

Tubbo, the kid I'd met before grabbed Technoblade's heavy chains, pulling them along with him. It seemed almost comical with the giant brute being held by a small teenager.

I was pulled along by a rope that was obviously cut from the one attached to Carl, they must not have expected another person to be with Techno. Why did they even take me in the first place? They had Carl, he was enough to keep Techno in place.

I followed along to L'Manburg, it had actually looked pretty good after all of the damages. The nation stood on wooden stilts, becoming a sort of lake town, it looked nice.

Phil's house was now complete, and I spotted him watching, his hands were on the banister of his porch, and Techno looked up wide eyed.

Technoblade walked forward, dragging the others along as he started yelling, "PHIL, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU?!"

I got jostled around a bit, and Carl huffed as the four shorter people all tried to pull Technoblade back, only succeeding when Quackity threatened Carl again.

Something entered Techno's eyes, something dark, his expression hardened as if he was about to attack, he couldn't, he had nothing.

He got led into a small cage, only just big enough to hold him, as I was tied to one of the chairs and made to sit down.

Tubbo stood at the podium, and started a speech that I could barely pay attention to. I could only stare at Technoblade, I tried to stand up yet the ropes kept me in place; I had to help, I couldn't just stand there.

I didn't even notice Ghostbur enter off to the side, as someone pearled in, and started attacking the four.

I didn't even know who it was, but chaos ensued, and it was almost as if I could see in slow motion, chaos, yelling, axes swinging.

There was tnt being placed, and in the commotion, I was able to get free using a shard of glass from a broken potion bottle, I could feel it.

It was now, a death for me.

I summoned my scythe, a weapon of the dead, as I ran and jumped onto the podium. I could hear yelling, and in the midst of chaos, a single noise.

The flick of a lever.

Almost reminiscent of the click of a button.

I shifted into my soul form as I floated above Techno, ready to swing.

The anvil fell through me, a chilling feeling of metal, and I heard a single sentence.

"His name is Blue."

Before the clang of an anvil and a bright gold and green explosion.