C: Cooking

C: Cooking

Gil stood in the kitchen, staring at the skillet on the stove top.

"Ok...I need to cook my own dinner...not that hard..." he muttered to himself

Eliz would be home late, and unless he wanted to starve, he needed to cook.

Why could he not order out? Or go out?

First, it's hard to order when the phone doesn't work, because someone spent all day talking and the bill didn't get paid because someone lost the bill.

Well...he was the second someone, but still!

And he couldn't go out because someone wrecked the car. That would again be him...

So he was doomed to cook his own meal...but it didn't look that hard. There was the spoons...the big fork...the flat thing...then the knobs on the stove and the skillet...then knives and stuff in the fridge.

Opening the fridge he examined the content. Fruit, some jerky, noodles, butter and then in the freezer some frozen chicken.

He grinned and took the frozen chicken, fruit, jerky and noodles out.

"I'll make a casserole! Those always look like Lizzy just threw everything in the fridge in it anyway!"

The threw the frozen chicken into the pan, along with oil he found, and poked with the stove knobs, not pausing at the lighter, and jacking it on all the way. Then he got the knife out and started cutting the fruits up, not peeling them. Bananas, apples, and some weird fuzzy thing. He threw those in a cup, coughing

"Why does it smell weird?" he muttered to himself

Then he poked the unthawing chicken "What the hell?!"

Turning off the stove he wrapped the chicken in tin foil then put it in the microwave, turning it on for ten minutes.

He nibbled the jerky and threw the noodles that were already cooked and cold onto a plate along with his random fruit, setting it on the table. Feeling light headed he walked from the small kitchen while his tin foil chicken cooked.

"Why does it take so long!" he whined at the wall

Soon, his smoke alarms were going off.

Dashing into his smoky kitchen his eye grew wide, the microwave was on fire.

Tearing open the door, he was his tin foil chicken aflame. Smacking it out, he burned his hand.

Bad angling, he also knocked the flaming object into him.

Screaming he jumped on it repeatedly to stop that fire, then taking the hose from the sink and sprayed it on his burning chest.

Whimpering he stood soaked, pale skin bright red, in the middle of a smoking carbon monoxide filled kitchen with trampled burnt tin foil and chicken under his feet.

And that was the moment Eliza decided to walk through the front door.

"Gil!" She yelled happily

His eyes widened and he muttered "Fuck..."

She walked into the doorway and stood wide eyed, looking at her kitchen.

"Gilbert..." she said, threat in voice

"Uh...someone burned the frozen chicken..." he said, turning.

Her eyes widened even more seeing he was more of a mess than the kitchen. Rushing over she stepped on the burnt tin foil, glancing at it, but saying nothing.

"You burned yourself!"

He held his burnt right hand out, and she pulled off what was left of his charred and wet shirt.

Pursing her lips, she leaned closed to his hurt chest "The burn isn't that bad."

He grit his teeth refusing to say it hurt.

Shaking her head, she took his unhurt hand and led him into the bathroom to take care of the burns.

"I can't leave you home alone for more than eight hours!" she said to distract him.

"OI! I can be left alone if I have food to eat! This is why men shouldn't cook!"

Shaking her head she said "I bet you know how to make....whipped cream and chocolate."

He blushed "Well...every man knows how to make that...In case it ever runs out..."

She tapped his cheek "Naughty boy."

Cleaning the burns she wrapped his chest then did the same to his hand.

He muttered thanks and kissed her forehead.

"You need cooking lessons" she laughed, leaning on him.

"No, you need to leave me food!" he protested.

"Gilbert the microwave is no longer capable of heating food!"

"But the stove is unawesome! It didn't make fire!"

She sighed deeply "Now you're trying to kill yourself with carbon monoxide?"

"Don't we breathe that or something?" he muttered

"Yeah, if you want to die!" he yelled

"I'm not a scientist I don't know!" he yelled back

Shaking her head she sighed once more "Cooking lessons start tomorrow for you. Put a shirt on idiot."

He went to get a shirt muttering to himself. Eliza smiled "Idiot ruined my kitchen..." she shrugged "At least he didn't kill himself cooking... at least the kitchen is replaceable."