19

Harley wakes up with a groan, finding herself against the wall. "What happened?" She looks around to see that she is now in the cage with Skylar, Bree, and Oliver. She also noticed a bracelet on her arm. "And what's this?"

"Scarlett used her powers to trigger some kind of subterranean shock wave," Skylar explains as she helps Harley off the ground. "She knows about your geo-leaping so she isn't taking any chances. Scarlett's gonna be back any minute. We have to get out of here."

"Use your powers to form a space portal and take us back to Earth," Oliver says. He went to make a flirty comment at Skylar before getting zapped from the bars of the cell. "That hurt! What was that?"

Harley laughs. "Maybe you should try it again."

"The force running through those bars makes our powers useless," Skylar tells them.

"Great. Scarlett destroyed the wormhole transporter, so we are stuck on Caldera." Bree complains. 

"It's your own fault for coming here," Scarlett spoke when she appeared on the screen.

"You know, there are a million other Calderans. Why do you need Skylar?" Harley questions.

"Scarlett's part of the opposition, and they want me to help them take over the planet," Skylar says.

"And once we do, Caldera will finally be powerful enough to rule the universe."

"I totally hear you. I respect your drive. But where do we fit in on your little to-do list?" Bree asks.

"Oh, I'm not in control of your fates. Skylar is. If she joins the opposition, then I'll release them. And if you don't, you will watch them as I destroy them. Slowly and painfully. The choice is yours, Skylar. Let's see how much you care about your human friends."

After that, Oliver was pacing. "I can't believe we're gonna be killed by your alien bestie. No offense, but sometimes I wish you were a simple girl from the Midwest."

Harley's attention turns to Bree who grunted as she tried messing with the television. "What are you doing?"

"Every time Scarlett pops up on here, it gets worse for us, so I'm trying to unplug the stupid thing," Bree says as she continues to mess with it.

"Decision time, Skylar," Scarlett says from the other side of the cage, startling Oliver more than the girls. "What's it gonna be?" 

"Give it up. She's not joining the opposition." Bree says. 

"Actually, I am." 

Harley looks at Skylar. "What?"

"It's a small price to pay for saving your lives. Besides, you have a baby to think about, Harley." Skylar sadly smiles.

"But --"

"I made up my mind, Oliver. This is what I have to do." Skylar sighs and walks closer to the cell. "I'm ready to join you."

"Good choice." Scarlett smirks. "But before I let you out, I need to know you're serious."

"I gave you my word. Isn't that enough?"

Scarlett shakes her head. "No. To prove your allegiance to the opposition, I'll need to permanently remove our powers to create space portals."

"What? But then I'd never be able to go back to Earth."

"Are you with us or not?" Scarlett questions.

Skylar sighs. "Do whatever you have to do."

"We'll never see you again." Oliver sadly says.