12

Kaz, Bree, Oliver, and Harley run inside the tunnel where smoke was exiting. People began to exit as they coughed from the lack of air. "Keep going. We'll get the others." Bree instructs the people as they run out of the tunnel.

"Okay, guys, this is it," Harley says before hearing music playing behind her. She turns around to see Kaz grinning as he played music from his phone. "No." She states as Kaz pouts while turning off the music.

"There's smoke everywhere." Oliver points out.

A rumbling was heard a few feet away from them and Harley turns to the others. "All right, listen. The truck crumbled the wall, blocking the other exit. The only way to get people out is to bring them back through the smoke." 

"I'm here!" Chase shouts as he pants while sprinting over to them.  

"Where's Skylar?" Oliver asks.

"I don't know." Chase shrugs. "I tried calling her, but she didn't respond. I couldn't wait around all day because I've got a team to lead." 

Harley furrows her eyebrows as she watched Chase speak. His smirk and body language showed arrogance, which made her seem that he didn't bother calling Skylar. More importantly, he's the reason she didn't show up.

"Well, should we maybe, like, try her again?" Kaz questions. 

Chase rolls his eyes before Bree shouts to grab their attention, "Guys, the smoke is getting thicker. If we don't put it out soon, this whole tunnel's gonna be a toxic cloud."

"Okay, I'll do a scan to locate the people who are trapped," Chase explains as he steps forward, then turning back to them. "Oliver, use your cryo blast to extinguish the fire. Bree, use your super-speed to form a cyclone to clear the smoke. Kaz, you fly in, and Harley, use your geo-leap to evacuate people. Any questions?"

Oliver slightly raises his hands as he asks, "Do you think I should try calling Skylar? She might not be answering because it's you."

"Just go!" Chase yells.

After doing what they were instructed to do, Harley geo-leaps to join back with the team. "Okay, that's everyone." 

"Great work, team. We got everybody out in a safe and timely fashion. And while that should be reward enough, let me throw this little cherry on top." Chase grins. "Thank you."

"No worries." Oliver shrugs.

"Cool," Kaz says.

Chase's grin fades before saying, "That's it? No 'Thank you, Chase, for your brilliant leadership?"

"You're the best."

"Thank you very much."

Harley lightly scoffed at Oliver and Kaz's sarcastic tones. "Hey, Chase is a great leader. He's worked long and hard at it." 

Chase smiles at her. "Thank you, Harley."

"Yeah, it's not his fault that Skylar just rolled out of bed and became a great one immediately," Bree adds, and Chase glares at her.

"Okay, you know what? I'm taking back my cherry." He mutters right before more rumbling was heard.

"The ceiling's cracking!" Bree shouts.

"This whole place is gonna come down. We have to get out of here!" Chase yells and they started to run until they heard footsteps from behind a huge vent.

"There are still people in there." Oliver points out.

"I'll get them." Chase runs towards the footsteps when it opened to reveal Skylar and Perry exiting out.