20

It was Halloween—Harley's favorite holiday—all the candy, costumes, and more importantly the pranks. Pranks were one of the many reasons that she missed Adam. 

As the Davenports stood in the kitchen, they watched as Kaz and Oliver were chatting, more like plotting. Harley remembered talking with Kaz about his love for pranks on Halloween. 

"Are we just going to pretend that we don't notice Oliver and Kaz plotting something over there?" Bree questions. 

Harley chuckles. "Pretty much. Let them think they aren't obvious." 

Chase from beside her says, "It's easier that way. I'm not getting involved until something explodes."

Skylar comes downstairs, bringing Oliver to stop his conversation with Kaz and walking over to her. "Hey, Skylar, I just wanted to remind you about my standing offer for one romantic dinner, and that offer also applies to romantic lunch, breakfast, smoothie, and other select thick beverages." 

Skylar smiles. "Sure. How about dinner tonight?"

Oliver nods. "You're busy. I totally understand." He turns to walk away before realizing she accepted his date. "Wait! Did you say yes?"

Skylar nods while chuckling. Kaz walks over to them. "Oliver, you can't do dinner tonight. We have plans. Annual Halloween pranks? We've been doing them together since we were eight. New victims?" He points over to the Davenports who are now pretending not to listen.

"I'm so sorry." Skylar apologizes. "I totally forgot that it was Halloween. We can do dinner tomorrow." She tells Oliver.

Oliver shakes his head. "No! You already said yes! You can't take it back! We're doing this!" Oliver rushes to the kitchen and pauses. "Where do I start?"

A timer went off and the pumpkin bursts in Oliver's face. "Hey, I still have a date with Skylar. Not even a nose full of pumpkin can change that."

*

While Chase worked on an experiment and Harley sat next to him reading What To Expect When You're Expecting, Kaz ran out from the elevator gripping his hand. 

"Chase, Harley, help! I was flying around the city and I clipped a radio tower!" Kaz exclaims and the married couple looks to see the fake bloodied hand. 

"You'll be fine." Chase shrugs off and Harley laughs. 

"Oh, come on. What gave it away?" Kaz asks.

Without looking away from her book, Harley says, "Rubber arm, fake blood, and you have two left hands."

Kaz groans and rips off the fake hand. "Without Oliver, all my pranks are lame. His recipe for fake blood is amazing, second only to his oozing marshmallow pus."

"You two have a very odd relationship," Chase says.

"Well, Harley wears the pants in your marriage, and you don't hear me telling you that." Kaz remarks. "Wait, you're smart. Do you want to help me pull off some pranks? I got my sights set on Bree. I'm thinking something in the realm of corn."

Chase glances over at Harley and asks jokingly, "May I answer his question?" Harley nods and Chase turns back to Kaz. "As fun as that sounds, and it doesn't, I got a lot of work to do. You remember when Roman and Riker blasted out our windows?"

"Of course, I remember. The glass got everywhere. I had to throw out a whole bowl of salsa."

"Well, I was able to extract their DNA from the flash drive they left behind," Chase says. "If I can isolate the components of their shape-shifting power, I can replicate it and figure out a way to stop them from using it. Then we'll finally get rid of the biggest threat to superheroes this world has ever known."