16

Harley sat at the table on the balcony with the girls, eating her tuna sandwich. Kaz was on the floor and she didn't question it. She was too focused on her sandwich. Chase joined and sat at the chair next to Harley, greeting her with a kiss on the top of her head. He looks over at Kaz.

"Kaz, buddy, there's plenty of room over here. You don't have to eat on the floor."

"I'm not eating on the floor," Kaz says as he gets off the floor. "I'm preparing my food on the floor." In his hand, he had a rake filled with uncooked hotdogs. 

Oliver walks outside to the balcony. "Ooh, my favorite. Hotdogs on a rake!"

"Wow, you actually made tubes of random animal parts even more disgusting," Bree says, and Harley nods in agreement. 

"Hey, they only look gross because I haven't grilled them yet." Kaz defends, then Oliver held up the rake and spun it as Kaz cooked the hotdogs with his firepower.

Once he finished, he removed a hotdog and took a bite out of it saying, "Who's disgusting now?" He makes a face and pulls out a leaf from his mouth. "Wet leaf." He laughs, tossing it on the floor.

"Yeah, you do know I just used that rake to clean the gutters, right?" Skylar points out. 

Oliver shrugs. "You can taste yesterday's rain." 

"You boys are ridiculous. Your powers are a gift. You shouldn't be wasting them on trivial things." Skylar tells the boys. 

"Yeah, you use your powers when you don't have to," Harley spoke. "Yesterday, Oliver, you flew across the street just to go to the grocery store." 

"That was an emergency. We were out of Loopy Loops." Kaz defends. "And you know what, for your information, girls are just as bad. When Mr. Davenport called, you used your vocal manipulation to pretend to be me." He says to Bree before looking at Harley. "And you geo-leaped from the couch downstairs to your bed. Use the stairs, woman."

"Okay, calm down. All I said was..." Bree paused before using her vocal manipulation to sound like Kaz. "Bree's not here. Stop calling, old man." 

"And I had a perfectly good reason. My feet are starting to get swollen and taking the stairs hurt." Harley says, ignoring the looks she was given. 

"Oh, so you made me look bad?" Kaz questions Bree.

"Yes, that was the goal." Bree nods. "And yes, Harley and I occasionally use bionics to make my life easier. But we can stop whenever we want. You guys are the ones that have no control."

"Oh, really? Well, then I propose a challenge. Guys versus girls, to see who could go the longest without using bionic abilities or superpowers. The last man or woman standing wins." Kaz says.

"You're on." Bree accepts, shaking hands with Kaz. Harley, Chase, and Skylar joining. 

"I'm in." Harley and Chase say.

"Me too," Skylar adds.

Oliver walks over to them, mouth full of hotdogs before putting his hand on top of Skylar's. 

"I just want to touch Skylar's hand." Oliver smiles. 

"You ladies are going down," Chase says once they put their hands down. "I mean. when you calculate the statistical odds, the boys have an 85.37 percent chance of winning." 

Harley smirks. "Interesting. Quick question though. How exactly did you calculate those odds?"

"Yeah, I'm out," Chase clicks his tongue, and his wife laughs. He leans in and hovers over her ear saying, "Don't worry. I'll find a way to have you use your bionics." He watches as she slightly shivered.

New Beginnings || Chase Davenportजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें