03

As Oliver and Chase talked about science, Harley and Kaz sat on the couch bored. They certainly did not like science class back in high school, and they certainly don't want to hear about it now. 

Kaz yawned at the conversation of science when some sort of fire grenade shot out of his mouth and Harley quickly rolled off the couch as the coffee table caught on fire.

Chase and Oliver stopped their conversation when they saw the fire and Chase quickly runs to get the fire extinguisher. He came back and frantically put out the fire. "Doesn't he know that you can easily put out the fire with your bionics?" Kaz whispers to Harley.

The girl nods as she continues watching her husband. "Yeah, but I like watching him squirm."

Davenport came running down the stairs and his eyes landed on the now burnt coffee table. "I heard an explosion. Did we get attacked by shapeshifters again?"

Harley playfully scoffs and turns to remark at the man until she lets out a yell and quickly covers her eyes. "My eyes! Would you please cover-up? I don't want my morning to start with me seeing other shapeshifting placed over... there." She gestures towards Davenport.

Chase throws him a blanket that rested on the couch and reassured Harley that she could remove her hands from her eyes.

"What happened?" Davenport asks.

"I'm guessing a combination of gravity and middle age," Kaz replies. "To that." Davenport points at the burnt coffee table.

"Oh, well, Oliver and Chase were talking about science, Harley and I got bored, I yawned, something flew out of my mouth, and voila, I set the table on fire," Kaz explains.

"He found another superpower: it's a fire grenade," Oliver says with a grin. 

"Fire grenade?" Kaz questions. "That's lame. I'm calling it my yawn bomb." 

"Because that's so much better." Oliver sarcastically replies.

"So wait, you just discovered something you didn't even know you had? How many powers were in that space rock?" Chase asks. "That's tough to say. I mean, it didn't really come with a manual. And even if it did, I probably wouldn't read it."

"This is just like you guys when you unlocked new abilities." Davenport points out, looking at Chase and Harley.

"Oh, yeah. Expect that our abilities come from a highly advanced infrastructure, and theirs come from a magic witch pebble. Whoo!" Chase says while wiggling his fingers. "Also, I practically had every bionic ability in the book, and it caused me to be ticking time bomb. So... yay me." Harley sarcastically says, waving her hands in the air. 

Davenport gives the two a look. "Either way, this is a great opportunity for the team. We could teach them to hone their abilities the way I trained you." 

"Technically, I was raised by my evil creator and your ex-evil brother to use my abilities for destruction." Harley corrects with a grin. Davenport rolls his eyes. "Yes, but I still helped along the way."

"Superhero school. That sounds like fun." Oliver comments while Kaz groaned. "School? Ugh, boring!" He lets out a yawn and a fire grenade shot out of his mouth, causing the umbrella by the door to burst into flames. 

Chase yelps as he grabs the fire extinguisher and runs over to put out the flames. "Well, that's the last time that umbrella stand attacks us." Kaz laughs.

*

Davenport and the teenagers head down to Mission Command where Skylar and Bree sat over by the consoles. "Good news, ladies. I'm about to teach my fire class of superhero school."

"I'm out." Bree instantly says.

"Right behind you," Skylar adds, then looks over at Harley. "You wanna come with us?"

Harley shakes her head. "I should probably stay and watch, make sure nothing goes wrong." Both girls nod before heading back up to the penthouse.

"Okay, guys, I will be your instructor, and Chase will be my apprentice." Davenport starts and Chase turns to him. "What? Why am I the apprentice?"

"Well, for one, you don't know anything about superheroes, and..." Davenport leans closer to Chase. "Harley still scares me." He glances over at Harley who smirked before he continued his lesson. 

"Okay, Kaz, let's start your training by giving your fire grenades another go. I want you to use your grenades to hit the bottle in the middle, and leave the others untouched."

Kaz nods and prepares himself while Oliver chuckles from between Harley and Chase. "You might wanna back up. When it comes to learning, Kaz doesn't."

To their surprise, Kaz shoots out a fire grenade from his mouth and it hits the bottle in the center, leaving the others untouched. 

"You did it!" Harley cheers. "Yeah, I mean, if our enemies are 16-ounce bottles of water, I think I'm ready." He smiles.

Davenport pats his back, then turns to Oliver. "Okay, Oliver, you're up. Now since you have ice and water-based abilities, I want you to use your cryo blast to freeze the bottle on the left."

Oliver nods and held out his hand. It began to freeze when an ice cube fell from his palm, not touching either of the bottles. "Is that an ice cube?" Davenport asks.

"I don't know what that was. Let me try again." Oliver says, trying to use his cryo blast powers, but it ended up in more ice cubes on the floor. "Okay, yeah, that was an ice cube."

Harley furrows her eyebrows as she looks between the fallen ice cubes and Oliver. She clears her throat. "Oliver, can I talk to you?" He nods and Harley drags him to the other side of the room. "What is going on? Your powers worked fine when you froze Roman and Riker's black swarm."

Oliver shrugs. "I don't know what's going on. I'm trying, I really am." Harley sighs and places a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You're putting too much doubt on yourself. You're more focused on beating Kaz than focusing on yourself. Don't put so much thought into it, have some faith."

"Yeah, you're right, I'll try. Thanks, Harley." Oliver smiles and the two walk back to the group. Davenport went back to Kaz and made him train more on his fire grenades. Kaz shot multiple fire grenades at the water bottles, leaving them to disintegrate. 

Chase and Davenport cheer on Kaz while Harley glances at Oliver with a sad smile.