05

Harley sat at the table as she watched Oliver cook the two of them grilled cheese. Chase walks in with a bucket in his hand. He notices Harley sitting down and greets her with a kiss.

"What have you been doing?" She asks. "I just reinforced all the windows with an impenetrable polymer I designed to keep this place safe from any threat."

Harley pats his chest as she says, "Remind me to never ask what you're doing again." She sweetly smiles at him and he jokingly rolls his eyes at her.

"Oh, yeah? Well-- I just made Harley and I grilled cheese." Oliver spoke before placing a grilled cheese on a plate in front of Harley. 

Skylar walks into the room and over to the others. "Mm, something smells good." 

"Yep, that's our sandwich." Oliver proudly says as he gestures towards the two grilled cheese. "No, smells more like reinforced polymer." 

"Oh, you." Oliver grins while pointing his finger at her. Suddenly, water shot out of his index finger, spraying Skylar in the process.

"Oliver!" She exclaims while looking at her jean jacket. "I'm sorry, it was an accident. I'm still trying to get the hang of my powers."

"Oh, you poor thing. It must be so hard for you." Skylar sarcastically pouts.

"Skylar, that's not what I meant--" Oliver tries to say, but Skylar cuts him off. "No, no. Thank you once again for reminding me how you have powers and I don't." She snatches his grilled cheese from his hands and walks off.

"Alien chicks, am I right?" Oliver chuckles towards Harley and Chase. "I don't get it. If Skylar was born a superhero, then why doesn't she have any powers?"

"Oh, wait! I know! Let me answer!" Harley shot out of her seat with excitement. Skylar told her the stories a bunch of times as they shared a room. Oliver nods as he allows her to answer. "She used to have powers, but a human turned mutant named the Annihilator drained them out of her, and put them on a shelf as a trophy." 

Oliver gives her a thumbs-up and Harley internally cheers. Chase stood from where he sat as he said, "Okay, I'm sorry, but you two have to agree, that just sounds ridiculous. If Skylar's gonna be a part of this team, then I have got to figure out a way to get her powers back."

"No, I  have to be the one to get her powers back." Oliver corrects.

"Why you?" Chase asks.

"Because then she falls in love with me, then we get married, then we live our happy, little superhero lives together forever in a space castle." He simply states.

"You know, in your funny yet creepy little world, I believe that could happen," Chase replies. Oliver sighs and sat at the table. "I've been trying to get her powers back for years. So far, no luck."

"Well, that's because you didn't have my vast scientific knowledge to help you, and now you do," Chase tells him. "I'll even give you all the credit, so she thinks you're the hero." 

Oliver happily smiles. "Thanks, buddy. You're the best. You know, one day, I'm gonna do something for you." He points his finger at Chase and water sprays him in the face. 

"You could start by getting him a towel." Harley points out, slightly laughing. Oliver nods before running out of the room.

*

Harley sat at the console while she watched Chase set up the equipment to get Skylar's powers back. The hyperlift opens and Oliver steps out before walking over to them. "How's it going down here?"

"I think I might be on to something." Chase starts. "If Skylar was born with powers, then the cells that created them are still inside her body, they're just dormant. So if science applies, which who knows if it will, since we're dealing with... well, let's just call her what she is-- a freak. We might be able to stimulate those dormant cells."