14

Harley sat on the couch as she was talking with Kaz and Bree. Kaz sat on the other side of the couch while Bree sat on the blue sofa chair.

That's when Oliver came rushing into the apartment with a paper in his hand.

"Guys, I just found out they're having an Olympic send-off celebration at the park this afternoon."

"Ooh, will there be a pinata?" Kaz questions. "Because if so, my candy-whackin' arm is locked and loaded." 

"It's a pep rally where fans can meet Olympic athletes before they fly to Rio to compete in the games. And best of all... Clutch will be there!" Oliver excitedly says, showing the poster with the man named Clutch on it. 

"Ha, awesome!" Bree exclaims. "I have no idea who that is."

"He's only the greatest weightlifter ever and a shoo-in to win gold," Oliver says as if it were obvious. "They call him Clutch because he always comes through in the clutch. Also, his real name has 14 syllables and won't fit on the back of a tank top." 

Harley chuckles before her mind thought of Adam. 

Adam could one-up this Clutch guy, Harley thought. 

"I've seen all of Clutch's competitions," Oliver's voice caught Harley's attention. "One year I even dressed up like him for Halloween."

Chase walks up behind Harley, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Oliver, instead of some meathead jock, why not idolize a real hero? Like a president, or a Nobel-winning scientist. Or me."

"Or you could idolize a cool athlete, like Tom Brady. Or me." Kaz chuckles. "I'm great at football." 

"I can't wait to meet Clutch." Oliver's smile fades. "Wait. What am I gonna say? What am I gonna wear? Oh! I wonder if my Halloween costume still fits." He headed for the stairs where Skylar was coming down from. "Guess what, Skylar? It's Clutch time!" he then runs upstairs.

Skylar looks at the group confused. "Was he flirting with me or threatening me? I can never tell his little boy energy."

Chase joins on the couch beside Harley and throws his arm over her, pecking the side of her head. 

"Yeah, don't worry about him. He's just excited to meet his hero who's in the Summer Olympics." Kaz tells Skylar. 

"Girl from another planet question -- what are the Summer Olympics?" 

"They're a series of events for the world's best athletes," Harley explains. "The winner takes a gold medal, the second takes silver, the third takes bronze." 

"Oh, yeah, they have that where I'm from too," Skylar says. "Expect on my planet, they don't hand out medals. There, if you get second, they melt down your bones to build a podium for the winner."

"Anyway, um... our Olympics represent sport in the truest form. There's pageantry, sportsmanship, and super hot guys from countries I've never even heard of." Bree says.

"You know, I have always wanted to compete in the Olympics, but my bionics would give me an unfair advantage," Chase spoke. 

"I could arrange for you to compete on my planet," Skylar tells him. 

"Yeah, I'm good," Chase says.

Footsteps were heard from the stairs and the group turns their head to see Oliver in a slightly disturbing costume.  

"Look, it still fits!" Oliver exclaims. 

"Uh, no," Kaz shakes his head. "No, it doesn't."