"Ah." A tense pause. Finally, he says, "I'm sure you know how much this means to me. And to the greater Order."

AZ observes the way Nick's face deflats. "Yeah." She isn't able to see Brees face. But she feels a pinch of guilt. Her stomach twisting once realizing the consequences of bringing Nick back to his personal hell. She lowers her head down even more.

Pride and awe mingle in the older man's voice. "My son claiming his title and bringing forth a Page, all in one night. That is... somethin' else." His next words are directed at both of the cousins. "I don't know how or if you're responsible for my son's change of heart, but if y'are, consider me eternally grateful. I'm in your debt, Briana and Azalea. Welcome."

"Thank you." Bree mumbles.

"My pleasure sir." AZ then gives him a wry smile. "Excuse me for the mess of my attire, unfortunately it got caught up within the unexpected altercation." She takes a dig at Sel. It seemed to work as his breath hitched and fingers tightened. But she didn't focus on him, only on Lord Davis. He gave her a kind smile in return.

"Of course it is not your fault. That'on me, I apologize. I always try'a keep everyone in check. Although it seems this time someone got out of their cage." AZ stiffens at the comment. But brushes it off because why should she care about what he says about Sel. That Merlin almost killed her and tried to hurt Bree.

Davis clears his throat. "Now, I'd like an explanation as to why the two of you were fighting."

Nick doesn't hesitate. "Sel thought he sensed a Shadowborn here in the woods, but he was mistaken. Our Merlin remains vigilant, as always."

AZ waits for Sel's outburst and correction, but it never comes. Davis is shocked. "Here? The Shadowborn have never been bold enough to open a Gate on our land, not with so many Legendborn under one roof. Selwyn, is this true?" Sel doesn't speak, instead he is filled with silent rage. A rage AZ can very much sense.

Her mouth tilts into a small sadistic smirk.

A pause. Sel's terse response comes through clenched teeth. "There is always that risk, Lord Davis."

"You look unhappy, boy. As the Gospel of Luke instructs, let us celebrate and be glad of Nicholas's return, for 'he was lost and is found.'"

Another pause in which Sel could counter Nick's explanation, but doesn't. "Bree, and." Lord Davis looks at AZ who responds softly. "AZ."

He nods. "I must apologize for both my son and Selwyn here. Oil and water, these two, ever since they were children." Satised, Davis moves down the path. "Let us proceed to the Chapel. Don't want to keep the others waitin'. Not on a night such as this."

AZ straightens her back, although rather quickly as she winces. Nick and Bree are immediately at her side. "Be careful, don't move too fast." Bree says.

"Will definitely needs to take a look at you." Nick mutters next to her side, eyes concerned." AZ pauses then groans again, facepalming. "What's wrong?"

"He has a gentle face and kind demeanor but I ran all the way here when he told me to stay in the infirmary. I'm toast for real." She keeps her head down. "Way to make a good first impression."

"I can't give you any promises. Will is nice but straightforward, you should walk in with a shield of protection." Nick comments as they walk behind Davis.

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven........" AZ mutters, her head down again.

She doesn't hear anything from Sel, doesn't even look if he is behind her. Though she was sure she only heard four foot steps at that point. Only hers, Bree, Nick and Lord Davis.