Chapter 30

'... this would be our new home'

The day after the ball was a leasure one, with Tom sipping on his tea as he read while Harry worked on a bunch of papers, both of them enjoying the quiet atmosphere of the library.

On Yule morning, however, was different.

Harry was already sitting in the living room, which it was already decorated when the holidays began, near the fireplace with a cup of coffee in hand as he scanned the Daily Prophet and the international newspaper.

Tom had woken up a bit later than usual, so he didn't find it strange to find Harry there after he ate breakfast.

What he found strange, however, was the huge amount of gifts under the tree.

"Where did all of these came from?

"Some are for you from your soon to be followers and people who want to make connections with you. The others are for me" Harry explained, gesturing to clearly pile of gifts for each of them.

"What about that one?" Tom asked, glancing at the present beside Harry.

"This one is for you" Harry said, putting down his coffe and presenting the box to Tom "from me" he added when he saw Tom looking for a sender after picking it up.

"Oh" was all Tom could say as he look at the wrapped gift.

"Come on, open it" Harry urged softly.

Slowly, Tom undid wrapping paper to reveal a black box.

The box contained a silver ring with the shape of a snake with emeralds for the eyes, it was beautiful, but Tom was mesmerized by something else.

He could feel his own soul connected to the ring and there's only on thing that makes it so.

He look up Harry, waiting for answers.

"Ah, so, on the night you tried to kill me, the spell rebound to you because of the blood magic my mother had used. Your soul got split again and attached itself to nearest living being, me" Harry said casually as he flipped the newspaper "It caused quite the trouble in the last time-line, but in this one, I put in there for you to decide what to do with it"

"Oh"

The simple fact that Harry bother himself to give him a gift was touching for him, because he knows that Harry doesn't have a hidden motive for doing it.

Besides, another point in is the fact that a piece, a tiny one, of his soul is inside of it and he already has a good idea of what to do with this gift.

"Thank you" Tom replied, sitting down on a nearby couch.

He carefully put the ring back into the box, closed it, tuck it away safely on his pocket and started opening the rest of the gifts he has been given.

After the two opened the gifts, they spend the rest of the day enjoying the warm of the fireplace as do their own things.

After the traditional Yule dinner, Harry guided Tom to the ritual room, that all old houses have.

The room was already prepared with everything needed for the ritual where they offer part of their magic to their Lady and, in return, she gives them her blessing.

As the two of them do the ritual together, someone is having wild thoughts running around.

Dumbledore's Christmas was not doing well.

For starters, he had been woken up by a furiously pecking at his window before 5 o'clock in the morning.

After letting the damn owl in, it just dropped the letter near him and flew out again, leaving him annoyed before it turn into anger when he opened the letter basically demanding his presence at Gringrotts in three hours.

Getting himself ready both by dressing up and by formulating plans for the most likely cases, Dumbledore went to the fireplace and exited on the Leaky Cauldron after grabbing a handful of pounder and throwing it to the ground while saying his destination.

When he got there, he clean up the dust out of his robes, confidently and humbly walk to one of the goblins on the reception.

"Ah, Mr. Dumbledore, we have been waiting your arrival" the goblin said as soon as he came near, showing him a predatory grin full of sharp teeth.

He stepped down from his high chair and guided the older wizard through the complex halls, made to confuse any daring thief, until they arrive in front of relatively grand door almost entirely made of gold.

The door's presence in front of him made Dumbledore quickly conclude that something was wrong, as he had never seen such door in all of his years as the bank's client.

He was proven true when the door opened and a room similar to the trial ones at the Ministry came to be, the only difference being that 7 goblins sat, three sitting at either side of a much older looking goblin seating in the middle.

"Albus Dumbledore, i presume?" asked the eldery goblin with a raised hairy brow.

"Yes" he answered with a grandfatherly smile and a dip of his head, trying to be polite as possible to the creatures.

"Good, do you why and where you are?"

"Unfortunately, no" He answered, a tiny and guilty smile on his lips.

"Well then" the goblin finally took their eyes off the papers in their desk, Dumbledore couldn't really tell if they were female or a male, but then, again, telling a goblin's genre was a difficult thing, and interlaced their hands as they leaned forward "We are the Bank's elders, former directors of our various brunches all over the world and now responsible for issue punishments regarding all matters involving our community and others if necessary" as goblins original come from England and spread themselves wide during wars, having this councile based here makes sense.

"Ah, I see" Dumbledore said, mind working fast to find ways to get of this obvious misunderstanding the goblins has about him.

Before he could voice any of those, however, the goblin whose name Dumbledore didn't bother reading from the plate resting on the desk, continue talking.

"As it is, we came across of a rather disturbing piece news that one of our own has been making ilegal dealings with a client's money. Upon a closer and intense investigation we have come to the conclusion that you, Mr. Dumbledore, are behind such things by the usage of the Imperius Curse on our kin" they said practically snarling by the end of it as everyone else threw a filthy and ugly looks at him.

(Revised)

___

Author's note:

Happy New Year!🥳🥳

P. S I'm still sleepy as u didn't get enough sleep last night, so do forgive any mistakes I might have miss.

Nuno